A fire that damaged a mobile home in West Ashley Tuesday morning is thought to have started in the laundry room, a fire investigator said.

The St. Andrews Fire Department was dispatched to a fire in a double-wide mobile home on James Bay Road about 10:30 a.m., fire Capt. Morris Sills said.

There was no one home when the fire broke out and no residents were injured, he said. One firefighter was injured while fighting the fire. He was taken to a hospital for treatment. Sills said he did not know the extent of the firefighter's injuries.

An investigation determined the fire started in or around the laundry room, Sills said. "We're going to leave it to the insurance company to determine exactly how it started," he said. "We have determined that it was not suspicious."

Sills said the mobile home was heavily damaged and uninhabitable. James Bay Road is off Savannah Highway near Main Road.

Firefighters from the Charleston Fire Department also responded, Sills said.