- Urban Outfitters reports quarterly financial results.
- Standard & Poor’s releases S&P/Case-Shiller index of home prices in 20 major U.S. housing markets for September.
- The Conference Board releases the Consumer Confidence Index for November.
- Best Buy reports quarterly financial results.
- Dell Technologies reports quarterly financial results.
- Dollar Tree reports quarterly financial results.
- U.S. Labor Department releases weekly report on unemployment benefits.
- U.S. Commerce Department releases durable goods for October.
- U.S. Commerce Department releases third-quarter gross domestic product figures.
- U.S. Commerce Department releases new home sales for October.
- The Federal Reserve releases minutes from its October interest-rate meeting.
- Agricultural bellwether Deere & Co. reports quarterly financial results.
- Home loan financier Freddie Mac reports weekly mortgage rates. Last week, they fell, reaching record lows for the 13th time this year amid fresh signs of weakness in the pandemic-ravaged economy. The average rate on the 30-year benchmark home loan declined to 2.72% from 2.84%. The 15-year fixed-rate average eased to 2.28% from 2.34%. Home loan rates have trended downward through most of this year, bolstering demand from would-be homebuyers.
- U.S financial markets and many businesses are closed for Thanksgiving Day.
- The traditional but increasingly irrelevant kick-off to the holiday shopping season begins with the COVID-19 pandemic looming overhead.