Getting ready for Thursday's third-round action at the Volvo Car Open at the Family Circle Tennis Center on Daniel Island:
• There was some wreckage on stadium court on Wednesday, as No. 2 seed Petra Kvitova and No. 6 Johanna Konta were upset. Kvitova lost for the first time to a fellow Czech player (Kristyna Pliskova), and Konta was knocked out by qualifier Fanny Stollar.
• The top American left in the field, No. 7 seed Madison Keys, needed three sets for a 6-1, 3-6, 6-3 win over Spain's Lara Arruabarrena.
Thursday's top matches
• Seeded players go at it on stadium court as No. 5 Julia Goerges faces No. 10 Naomi Osaka, followed by No. 13 Irina-Camelia Begu vs. No. 3 Daria Kasatkina, the defending champion. Top-seeded Caroline Garcia takes on her French countrywoman, No. 14 Alize Cornet, in the 7 p.m. featured match.
• Not to be overlooked on Althea Gibson Club Court is a battle between No. 8 Anastasija Sevastova and No. 9 Ashleigh Barty at 11 a.m.
Military Appreciation Night
• Complimentary admission for active duty and retired military members, including families, for the night session.
• Gates open at 10 a.m. for the day session, and at 5 p.m. for the night matches. Free admission for kids 16 and under.
For tickets see volvocaropen.com/tickets.