Getting set for Wednesday's action at the Volvo Car Open at the Family Circle Tennis Center on Daniel Island:
• Defending champion Daria Kasatkina is the only former Volvo Car open winner left in the field, outlasting American Christina McHale by 6-3, 3-6, 6-2.
• Top-seeded Caroline Garcia cruised in her opening match by 6-2, 6-3 over American Varvara Lephenko.
• American Kristie Ahn scored one of the biggest wins of her career, taking out 2010 champ Sam Stosur by 6-2, 6-4.
Wednesday's top matches
• Two-time Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova makes her Charleston debut against fellow Czech player Kristyna Pliskova.
• Fifth-seeded Julia Goerges takes on Ahn, and No. 6 Johanna Konta faces qualifier Fanny Stollar on stadium court.
• American Madison Keys, a finalist at the U.S. Open last year, plays Spain's Lara Arruabarrena in the featured 7 p.m. match.
Local Special Olympics players will show off their skills from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m., with a demonstration of wheelchair tennis set for 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Gates open for the day session at 9 a.m., with matches starting at 10 a.m. Gates are open at 5 p.m. for the 7 p.m. night session. Kids ages 16 and under get in free.
For tickets, see volvocaropen.com/tickets