Former Citadel pitcher Asher Wojciechowski earned his first victory at the Class AAA level Thursday night, working six scoreless innings in Oklahoma City’s 2-1 win over Tacoma.
Wojciechowski, a first-round pick out of Beaufort in 2010, gave up five hits, walked three and struck out three in the win. He’s 3-1 with a 1.75 earned-run average this season in the Astros’ organization.
Elsewhere among Lowcountry players in pro baseball:
• Former Citadel standout Chris McGuiness (James Island) was 2 for 4 with three runs batted-in and a triple, and is batting .271 with 21 RBI for Class AAA Round Rock.
• In the same game, Reese Havens (Bishop England HS, USC) went 0 for 5 for Class AAA Las Vegas and is hitting .254.
• Marty Gantt (Mount Pleasant, College of Charleston) saw his hitting streak snapped at five games, going 0 for 3 for Class A Dayton. He’s batting .297.
In the Major Leagues:
• Matt Wieters (Stratford HS) was 2 for 4 with a double in the Orioles’ 6-2 loss to Kansas City, and is hitting .243.
• Brett Gardner (Holly Hill, College of Charleston was 0 for 4 in the Yankee’s 3-1 win over Colorado, and is batting .262.
• Pitcher Bobby Parnell (Charleston Southern) picked up the win in the Mets’ 3-2 win over the Pirates. He allowed one hit with one strikeout in the ninth, and is 4-0 with a 1.20 ERA.
An updated list of Lowcountry players, and players from The Citadel, College of Charleston, Charleston Southern, Clemson and USC will appear in Saturday’s Post and Courier.