MOUNT PLEASANT -- Rachel Torlay scored two goals Friday night as Wando High School took a step toward a second straight state championship in girls soccer.

But Warriors coach Shannon Champ said her team will have to play better than it did in a 3-0 victory over Dutch Fork at Wando Stadium to secure another trophy.

"Hats off to Dutch Fork," said Champ, whose 22-1 team has won three state titles in the last four years. "They were intense, very aggressive and went after everything. We were a little too casual tonight, and we let them control the game as far as being physical and getting after it.

"Fortunately for us, we snuck a couple of balls into the net and came away with the victory."

Wando's superior depth eventually took a toll, as the Warriors pulled away from a 1-0 halftime lead. Torlay scored in the 52nd minute and

Rebecca Sisson added a nifty goal in the last two minutes for the final margin.

Warriors keeper Amelia Henderson helped her team record its second shutout in three postseason games.

"There was a point where I thought the game could have gone either way," Champ said. "They had a couple of good quality shots that didn't fall for them, and our shots fell for us."

Wando has outscored three foes, 15-1, in the playoffs, including a 7-0 trouncing of White Knoll in the previous match.

"It was frustrating to go from the level we were at in that match to where we were tonight," Champ said. "But our players know that, and they know we'll have to be better next week."

Wando will host the winner of the Lexington-South Aiken match in the Lower State finals on Monday.

Wando took a 1-0 lead in the 17th minute on a bad-hop goal from Torlay. She launched a shot from about 25 yards out that the Dutch Fork keeper looked to handle easily. The ball took a sideways bounce and the keeper could get only one hand on it, the ball dribbling slowly over the goal line.

Dutch Fork narrowly missed a chance to even the match just five minutes later, as Hannah Martin lofted a textbook pass forward to a sprinting Abby DeMare. But DeMare's sliding attempt went wide, and Mary Katherine Macklen's left-footer went off the far post in the 34th minute, leaving Wando with a 1-0 lead at halftime.

Torlay's second goal, in the 52nd minute, came on a bang-bang play. As a Dutch Fork defender tried to clear the ball from in front of the goal, Torlay took it right off her foot and volleyed it into the goal for a 2-0 lead.

Just before game's end, Sisson knifed to her left and scored for the final margin.