The army of student pollsters fanned out to voting sites as the sun warmed a chilly Tuesday morning. Some adults left the voting booths and shot suspicious glances toward the clipboard-toting youthful interlopers.
WASHINGTON - Though most pollsters and veteran political observers are in agreement this is not the year South Carolina will go "blue," the state's Democratic stalwarts are holding out hope for an Election Day victory.
EDITOR'S NOTE: Charleston native Mike McCurry, former White House press secretary under President Bill Clinton, has kept busy this fall as co-chair of the Commission on Presidential Debates. He helped arrange two of the three most-watched debates in history.
COLUMBIA — State health officials considered requiring married women who live with their husbands to get signed consent from him before she could get an abortion.
- In Eric Brantley shooting, 'lucky' break led police to unremorseful teen killer
- 'Southern Charm' star says on Twitter he's quitting the show
- We found Charleston's best sushi specials, from Johns Island to Mount Pleasant
- SCE&G is closing most of its local offices, including 3 near Charleston
- Late book fees eliminated at all 16 Charleston County library branches
- Missing 17-year-old Porter-Gaud student's body recovered from Stono River
- Over 700 jellyfish stings reported on Charleston area beaches over weekend
- Resident fatally stabs burglary suspect at Charleston home, police say
- A crop of young farmers sets out to change the Lowcountry's summer oyster scene
- New retail, restaurant and residential center proposed for Johns Island near Charleston
- Lowcountry oysters harvested and eaten year round
- The future of Century Aluminum in Mount Holly depends on electricity costs
- Building MUSC's new Shawn Jenkins Children's Hospital
- Hootie & the Blowfish HomeGrown concert
- First Day Festival kicks off the school year for Charleston area schools
- Elvis ain't Dead for one night at the Pour House
- Philip Simmons High School adds varsity football team
- Charleston Pride's inaugural “Toast to Equality” cocktail competition
- Challenges with hair becoming easier with new Air Force rules
- Reader photos: People during their travels