The army of student pollsters fanned out to voting sites as the sun warmed a chilly Tuesday morning. Some adults left the voting booths and shot suspicious glances toward the clipboard-toting youthful interlopers.
WASHINGTON - Though most pollsters and veteran political observers are in agreement this is not the year South Carolina will go "blue," the state's Democratic stalwarts are holding out hope for an Election Day victory.
EDITOR'S NOTE: Charleston native Mike McCurry, former White House press secretary under President Bill Clinton, has kept busy this fall as co-chair of the Commission on Presidential Debates. He helped arrange two of the three most-watched debates in history.
COLUMBIA — State health officials considered requiring married women who live with their husbands to get signed consent from him before she could get an abortion.
- Tons of explosives, chemical weapons dumped offshore South Carolina
- A mother paid South Carolina prison gangs thousands to keep her son alive
- S.C. Gov. Henry McMaster asks Iowa if The Citadel can keep Civil War-era 'Big Red' flag permanently
- Is The Pig making a comeback? Independent Piggly Wiggly owners snatch up failing stores
- Hicks column: Don't turn Charleston neighborhoods into theme parks
- After his son is fatally shot and he's wounded, Mount Pleasant pastor finds hope
- North Charleston OKs $8 million bond to complete new pool and gym, but not without drama
- Clemson's Kelly Bryant has 'taken a beating since he's been here,' says his private coach
- Charleston airport unveils parking deck construction timeline, looks ahead to adding third wing
- Lawyer switch may threaten plea deal for man named in Brittanee Drexel case
- Days of full fun at Lowcountry Strawberry Festival
- Former Clemson and 49ers star Dwight Clark
- Prowl& Growl draws fans by the hundreds
- Amazing flower photos from around the world
- Charleston Farmers Market returns to Marion Square
- 2018 Holocaust Remembrance Program
- 2018 Cooper River Bridge Run: Top costumes
- Clemson holds Orange and White Spring game
- Now Open Renzo Pizzeria and Wine Bar
- Wheelchair athletes race in the 2018 Cooper River Bridge Run