The army of student pollsters fanned out to voting sites as the sun warmed a chilly Tuesday morning. Some adults left the voting booths and shot suspicious glances toward the clipboard-toting youthful interlopers.
WASHINGTON - Though most pollsters and veteran political observers are in agreement this is not the year South Carolina will go "blue," the state's Democratic stalwarts are holding out hope for an Election Day victory.
EDITOR'S NOTE: Charleston native Mike McCurry, former White House press secretary under President Bill Clinton, has kept busy this fall as co-chair of the Commission on Presidential Debates. He helped arrange two of the three most-watched debates in history.
COLUMBIA — State health officials considered requiring married women who live with their husbands to get signed consent from him before she could get an abortion.
- Breaking up South Carolina's biggest high school won't be easy
- Holly Hill man caught smuggling up to $400,000 in turtles from Hong Kong
- 5 exceptional Charleston area restaurants that nobody seems to know about
- Democratic nominee for South Carolina governor parts ways with campaign manager
- Retail center planned for Mount Pleasant; restaurants coming to Charleston area
- Vote on Charleston's slavery apology reveals just how divided City Council is on race
- It's official: Charleston apologizes for its role in slavery
- Isle of Palms police change policy after moped crash prompts $750K settlement
- James Island mayor's words drip with venom, commissioners say
- Trump, Pence making 'unprecedented' visits to South Carolina for McMaster campaign
- Volvo unveils new S60 sedan at SC plant
- Republican gubernatorial debate between Governor Henry McMaster and John Warren
- Uncork, Charleston's latest wine bar, is now open
- Weaving around the obstacles on the way to opening
- Blackbaud opens new world headquarters on Daniel Island
- Mother Emanuel AME Church anniversary of church shooting
- Nine Charleston firefighters remembered at 11th anniversary service
- Charleston Scene's Bubbles and Brews at Frothy Beard Brewing Company
- Reader photos: Downtown After Dark
- James Island Yacht Club Regatta 2018