2018 Winter storm wallops Lowcountry with ice and snow
Thousands of people saw the solar eclipse from Charleston on Monday.
Classic Lowcountry images
The space next to Drayton Hall is scheduled to undergo construction of a new visitor and education center. Although Drayton Hall, the oldest stabilized plantation house, is unfurnished, many artifacts have been collected and will now have a place to be displayed for visitors to see.
Our favorite photos from 2016 by The Post and Courier staff photographers.
Morris Island Lighthouse has stood the test of time and weather.
Doors festively decorated for Christmas abound around the Lowcountry.
- Attorneys for SCE&G customers ask for all money collected since nuclear cancellation
- New retail, restaurant and residential center proposed for Johns Island near Charleston
- The Citadel hires Mike Capaccio as athletic director
- We found Charleston's best sushi specials, from Johns Island to Mount Pleasant
- Coroner identifies man fatally stabbed during burglary at Charleston home
- In Eric Brantley shooting, 'lucky' break led police to unremorseful teen killer
- Sermet's Southernterranean on James Island to serve its last meal
- Commentary: Mayor responds to critics with 13 ways Charleston is addressing flooding
- Charleston muralist restores Spring Street signs to era of corner grocery stores
- Missing 17-year-old Porter-Gaud student's body recovered from Stono River
- Lowcountry oysters harvested and eaten year round
- Building MUSC's new Shawn Jenkins Children's Hospital
- The future of Century Aluminum in Mount Holly depends on electricity costs
- Hootie & the Blowfish HomeGrown concert
- First Day Festival kicks off the school year for Charleston area schools
- Elvis ain't Dead for one night at the Pour House
- Fetter Health Care opens new Thaddeus J. Bell, MD. Family Health Center in Summerville
- Charleston Pride's inaugural “Toast to Equality” cocktail competition