2018 Winter storm wallops Lowcountry with ice and snow
Thousands of people saw the solar eclipse from Charleston on Monday.
Classic Lowcountry images
The space next to Drayton Hall is scheduled to undergo construction of a new visitor and education center. Although Drayton Hall, the oldest stabilized plantation house, is unfurnished, many artifacts have been collected and will now have a place to be displayed for visitors to see.
Our favorite photos from 2016 by The Post and Courier staff photographers.
Morris Island Lighthouse has stood the test of time and weather.
Doors festively decorated for Christmas abound around the Lowcountry.
- In Eric Brantley shooting, 'lucky' break led police to unremorseful teen killer
- 'Southern Charm' star says on Twitter he's quitting the show
- SCE&G is closing most of its local offices, including 3 near Charleston
- Late book fees eliminated at all 16 Charleston County library branches
- A crop of young farmers sets out to change the Lowcountry's summer oyster scene
- Resident fatally stabs burglary suspect at Charleston home, police say
- Charleston County faces $99 million question about fate of Naval Hospital
- Over 700 jellyfish stings reported on Charleston area beaches over weekend
- DOT considering several options to shorten the ride for Charleston area commuters
- Charleston might ask Johns Island developers to help pay for area's infrastructure
- Lowcountry oysters harvested and eaten year round
- The future of Century Aluminum in Mount Holly depends on electricity costs
- Hootie & the Blowfish HomeGrown concert
- Building MUSC's new Shawn Jenkins Children's Hospital
- First Day Festival kicks off the school year for Charleston area schools
- Elvis ain't Dead for one night at the Pour House
- Charleston Pride's inaugural “Toast to Equality” cocktail competition
- Challenges with hair becoming easier with new Air Force rules