Beth Heatley is in the business of supplying solutions.
Heatley’s company, Code Lynx, provides many services to military and government entities, including software engineering, audio visual technology and video surveillance and security systems. Heatley, a Georgetown native, started CodeLynx in 2003. The technology firm moved to North Charleston two years later.
“We love the central location,” Heatley said. “It allows us to provide quick response to our clients for service calls and regardless of where our staff lives it is an easy commute.”
In addition to the central location, the office is close to SPAWAR and the city helps the company “attract talent from all over the tri-county region,” Heatley said.
The tech company appears to be thriving in its home of 11 years. CodeLynx has earned a spot on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the past three years.
As the company’s leader, Heatley’s greatest professional joy is “building great teams.”
“There is nothing more rewarding to me than when one of our teams completes a successful project and the client calls me to tell me how happy they are,” she said.
In addition to her professional success, Heatley is a sailing enthusiast and adventurous traveler.
1. I have sailed offshore from Morehead City, North Carolina, to the Grenadines. My favorite trip of all time was to Bequia, a tiny island in the Grenadines.
2. I was so inspired by the Ken Burns series on the national parks that I just took my first trip to Yosemite.
3. I once pulled a 100-pound water-logged dummy out of the water in order to get Coast Guard approval for a sailing vessel.
4. I completed a bucket list item of ballooning over Napa Valley.
5. I am a pretty good cook but such a terrible baker that I had my son convinced you couldn’t make brownies at home.
6. Growing up I had a pet deer named Mary.
7. CodeLynx won the 2015 Low Country Hog Fest Best-in-Show with our “Porkaneer” entry.
8. My husband and I got married at the Dock Street Theatre.
9. I am a member of the Pluff Mud sailing club.
10. I paint for a hobby but am terrible at it.