Editor’s Note: Each fall, North Charleston Magazine recognizes 20 outstanding community members in our 20 to Know feature. This year, we decided to introduce readers to som…
Eve Hiott knows the best way to improve your neighborhood and surrounding community is to get involved. It’s what prompted her to run for civic club president of Wando Wood…
This Week's Circulars
During most late mornings in Park Circle, the sun begins to slant through the branches of a huge live oak tree on O’Hear Avenue.
It's true, North Charleston's dining scene isn't the same as downtown Charleston. It doesn't boast restaurant-lined cobblestone streets with flickering gaslights, but it do…
- Up to 4,000 SC third-graders could be held back for failing reading test
- Breaking up South Carolina's biggest high school won't be easy
- DOT: Corrosion 'exploded' cable in Wando Bridge, sending grout flying 100 feet
- In SC, pregnant girls as young as 12 can marry. There've been 7,000 child brides in 20 years.
- Holly Hill man caught smuggling up to $400,000 in turtles from Hong Kong
- Man who led South Carolina sex trafficking ring sentenced to 40 years
- A planned memorial park in Mount Pleasant leads to acrimony with racial overtones
- Fire forces Swig & Swine in Summerville to close 'until further notice'
- Man shoots Labrador retriever 8 times to stop mating, Charleston County deputies say
- 5 exceptional Charleston area restaurants that nobody seems to know about
- Volvo unveils new S60 sedan at SC plant
- Uncork, Charleston's latest wine bar, is now open
- Republican gubernatorial debate between Governor Henry McMaster and John Warren
- Weaving around the obstacles on the way to opening
- Charleston Scene's Bubbles and Brews at Frothy Beard Brewing Company
- Mother Emanuel AME Church anniversary of church shooting
- Nine Charleston firefighters remembered at 11th anniversary service
- Blackbaud opens new world headquarters on Daniel Island
- Reader photos: Downtown After Dark