SPARTANBURG -- Authorities said a woman and her son died in an early Sunday morning house fire in Spartanburg County.
Coroner Rusty Clevenger said Shirley Leannetta Hill, 38, and Gradyun Vashone Lijuane Hill, 5, were killed in the fire just before 7 a.m. Two people who live at the house were able to get out and tell authorities that there were still people inside.
Investigators were trying to figure out what started the fire.
Authorities said Shirley Hill died from burns and was found in the master bathroom. Her son died from carbon monoxide poisoning and was found in his bedroom.