The Clemson basketball program is 0-55 in games at North Carolina going into today's game against the No. 9 Tar Heels in Chapel Hill. North Carolina players call it the "ever streak" – as in "forever."
Sure. North Carolina (22-4) is first in the nation in rebounds per game and Clemson (13-12) is 274th.
But there are five reasons to believe The Streak will end before sunset:
1. Sweet ignorance. The Tigers' roster is stocked with new guys. They have not experienced The Streak and don't know any better.
2. Florida State. Clemson clobbered the Seminoles, 79-59. North Carolina lost at FSU, 90-57. You have to like that 53-point differential if you're a Clemson fan.
3. Milton Jennings. The Tigers' 6-9 forward from Summerville has played well lately and is a tough match-up for any foe.
4. Maybe the Tar Heels are looking ahead to Tuesday night's game at N.C. State.
5. The Streak has to end sometime. Doesn't it?