Folly Mayor Goodwin

Folly Beach Mayor Tim Goodwin. File

Folly Beach residents chose their mayor and three council members Tuesday, in an election that saw a third of the city's 2,489 voters cast ballots. 

Two of three council seats were also decided, and the third appears headed to a runoff, according to unofficial results. 

Mayor Tim Goodwin, who was running unopposed, will become the city's first three-term mayor. Goodwin garnered 90 percent of the vote in Tuesday's election, in unofficial results. Write-in candidates took the other 10 percent. 

In addition, Amy Ray led the candidates for three at-large council seats with nearly 22.7 percent of votes, followed by incumbent DJ Rich with 22.51 percent. 

William Farley (15.73 percent) and D. Keith Bolus (14.47 percent) will likely have a runoff on April 17 for the third seat.

Other candidates were: Roger Rutledge (12.75 percent), Joe Vandiver (6.24 percent), and Roger F VanDyke (5.06 percent). 

Incumbents Pennell Clamp and Dale Stuckey did not seek re-election.

The results will be certified Thursday.

Reach Brenda Rindge at 843-937-5713. Follow her on Twitter @brindge.