The investigation into accused molester Louis "Skip" ReVille has expanded beyond Mount Pleasant with news that Hanahan police are gearing up to file six more charges against the former coach.
Hanahan police Lt. Michael Fowler said his detectives informed him of the development after attending a meeting Thursday with prosecutors and various police agencies involved in the investigation.
The investigation is being led by Mount Pleasant police. Investigators from North Charleston and the city of Charleston also were said to have attended the session.
Fowler said ReVille had a house in Hanahan at one point, and the allegations there stem from written statements the suspect has provided to investigators. He said he did not have specific details on the incidents in question or a firm date as to when the new charges might be filed.
So far, ReVille, 32, has been charged with sexually assaulting five boys whom he coached in Mount Pleasant, and investigators have said from the start that more charges are on the way. The well-traveled coach and educator was around hundreds of children over the past decade through his activities in public and private schools, churches, recreation programs and a summer camp.
"We expect more charges to be filed over the next few weeks," 9th Circuit Solicitor Scarlett Wilson said. "Law enforcement is continuing to investigate and interview witnesses in this case."
Meanwhile, The Citadel appeared to back away from a statement issued Wednesday that indicated the school wouldn't hand over documents related to a 2007 complaint involving ReVille, a former cadet. An attendee at the school's summer camp accused him of inappropriate behavior while ReVille worked as a counselor. The Citadel has declined to provide specifics of the incident.
The Post and Courier filed a Freedom of Information request this week for documents and details on the incident. Jeff Perez, the school's vice president of external affairs, responded with a statement saying the school planned to honor a request by law enforcement that no more information on the incident be released.
On Thursday, Perez issued another statement: "In order to clear up any confusion, The Citadel is fully complying with the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act and is reviewing the requests for documents that we have received. We continue to cooperate with law enforcement agencies."
The Post and Courier still has not received the documents.
Reach Glenn Smith at 937-5556 or on Twitter at @glennsmith5.