File // The Post and Courier
Thousands descend on the North Charleston Coliseum in 2007 to audition for the seventh season of “American Idol.”
If you are planning to go to the "American Idol" audition registration today and Thursday at North Charleston Coliseum, there are a few rules from the show's website you need to know.
1) Bring two forms of identification with you, including one with a picture ID, such as a driver's license, and birth certificate.
2) If you are under 18, your parent or guardian must accompany you at all times during the registration and audition process. And he or she has to bring a picture ID.
3) The wristband and ticket are everything. Once you get one today, Thursday or Friday morning, don't take it off, and don't lose it.
4) There are some forms to fill out, available at www.americanidol.com. Print and sign those before you go.
5) Go early to register.
6) You can take one person with you to the audition Friday, but that person has to register and get a wristband, too, at the same time you do, or they can't go in with you.
7) Eat breakfast. It could be a long wait.
8) Don't wear anything with logos, swear words, or tasteless images. You might be wearing it inside out if you do.
9) You sing without musical instruments.
10) This isn't the Golden Ticket round. There are more auditions to come before you get to say you are headed for California.
For anyone who is not going to audition, avoid the North Charleston Coliseum area around 7 a.m. today and Friday. That seems to be the time many of the contestants plan to arrive to get in line.