Man charged with raping woman on Line Street in July faces charges for two other sexual assaults

Charleston police charged Nathaniel Wilson 47, with first-degree criminal sexual conduct in connection with a sexual assault that happened on Line Street in July 2012.

A registered sex offender already facing two unrelated criminal sexual conduct charges is now charged with raping a woman at an abandoned Line Street house in July.

Nathaniel Michael Wilson, 47, is charged with criminal sexual conduct in the first degree, Charleston police spokesman Charles Francis said. Wilson was served with the warrant at the Al Cannon Detention Center where he is being held on two prior charges of third-degreee criminal sexual conduct and assault with the intent to commit criminal sexual conduct.

The most recent charge is in connection with a July 20 sexual assault on Line Street. Police say the victim was talking to a group of people near King and Huger streets about 4:30 a.m. when she was approached by the suspect, who asked her if she wanted a beer. They went to an abandoned house on King Street where the suspect raped her and left her, police said.

Wilson was also charged in September after police say he attacked a woman from behind as she walked from a friend’s home on Line Street toward another friend’s home on Huger Street about 5 a.m. on April 28.

Police also arrested and charged Wilson with third-degree criminal sexual conduct on Aug. 2 after a woman said he fondled her multiple times over a four hour period.

That incident began when a man approached the 28-year-old Mount Pleasant woman as she left a bar on King Street between 12:30 and 1 a.m. after a night out with friends, a Charleston Police Department incident report states.

The woman told police she was headed toward her car when a man offered to walk with her and claimed he would keep her safe. His behavior turned aggressive, the report states, when he implied he had a weapon in his waistband and would use it if she didn’t do what he said.

The man and the woman walked throughout downtown Charleston for four hours, pausing for short periods at Hampton Park and the Septima P. Clark Parkway where the man fondled the woman and forced her to fondle him.

The ordeal ended at a Circle K when the woman mouthed the words “Help me” to a store clerk, which prompted the employee to call police and kick the man out of the business.

Wilson was convicted of first-degree sexual conduct in 1983 and a sex offender registry violation in 2007. He is being held at the Charleston County jail.