1 killed, 2 hurt in 3 separate shootings


One man died and two more were wounded in three unrelated shootings in North Charleston on Wednesday.

The shootings happened in about a 22-hour span. Police say they caught one suspect, were looking for two others and had little suspect information in the final, deadly shooting.

Angelo President, 31, of North Charleston died on the operating table at Medical University Hospital late Wednesday after he was found shot on Riverview Avenue about 10 p.m., Charleston County Deputy Coroner Kelly Myers said.

Police have no suspect information in that shooting, according to Spencer Pryor, public information officer for North Charleston police.

Investigators have arrested one man and are looking for two more men in the two other shootings, Pryor said.

Police are looking for Lamont Anthony Jones, 17, of North Charleston in connection with a shooting on Ashley Shores Drive at 5:24 p.m Wednesday. Jones is charged with assault and battery with intent to kill, Pryor said.

An incident report states a man was shot in his left bicep and his left calf. He was taken to a local hospital.

Officers searched behind 2849 Ashley Shores Drive and found four, .22-caliber shell casings and about .5 grams of green plant material. Officers also found a black Volvo with a bullet hole in the left and right rear passenger window and a small amount of blood.

Police arrested one suspect and are looking for another in the third shooting that occurred about 12:30 a.m. Wednesday at 1824 Carlton St.

Chellis Grant, 22, of North Charleston was arrested and charged with assault and battery with intent to kill, burglary and kidnapping. Police still are looking for Reginald Richard Hamilton, 23, of North Charleston, who is wanted on the same charges.

Police say that shooting happened after a North Charleston man invited an acquaintance to his home to buy marijuana. Police say the acquaintance instead showed up with a gun and an accomplice who tried to rob the victim.

A struggle ensued and Connie Powell Jr., 34, of Carlton Street fled the gunmen in his apartment and was shot in the leg while running away, according to a police report.