North Charleston police charged with nine convenience store clerks for selling alcohol to underage informants.
The department's SPEED team made the arrests during an undercover operation Friday. The team made nine arrests in 34 attempts at convenience stores throughout the city.
Those who sold alcohol to the underage informants were each charged with sale of beer or wine to a person under 21. The charge carries a $470 fine.
Those charged were:
• Suzanne Washington, 53, Li'l Cricket at 7757 Dorchester Road.
• Larry Hart, 28, Li'l Cricket at 6901 Dorchester Road.
• Ashley Grehar, 25, Kangaroo Express at 1190 Remount Road.
• Melizina Jones, 44, Hess Express at 3075 Ashley Phosphate Road.
• Candice Jones, 35, Circle K at 8410 Dorchester Road.
• James Shipman, 55, Hess Mart at 8976 U.S. Highway 78.
• Carolyn Middleton, 30, Kangaroo Express at 6923 Rivers Ave.
• Harjit Singh, 36, Midland Super Mart at 2599 Midland Park Road.
• Kushal Dudhela, 20, Citgo at 2985 Ashley Phosphate Road.