Three Berkeley County schools were placed on lockdown around noon Tuesday after Cane Bay High received threatening calls, making it the latest South Carolina district to secure its schools in recent days.
District officials said the precautionary lockdown, which included Cane Bay Elementary, Middle and High schools, followed a call indicating that people were outside of the high school intending to harm students. The school received a second call from the same person stating there were several bombs on campus.
Deputies responded and determined the threats were not credible.
"Everything is back to normal, all is fine," the Berkeley County Sheriff's Office said in a Facebook post Tuesday afternoon.
Elsewhere in the state, schools took similar measures this week in response to threats in the wake of the Feb. 14 shooting at a high school in Parkland, Florida, that killed 17 people and wounded 14 others.
In the Pee Dee, parents picked up their children from Dillon High School on Monday after a student posted to Facebook that he would "shoot up" the school, according to local media reports.
Chapin and Dutch Fork high schools in Lexington-Richland School District 5 fielded similar threats Monday.
Also in the Midlands, a girl at Chestnut Oaks Middle School in Sumter County wrote Monday on a bathroom floor that she would "shoot the school down," authorities said.
Several schools in the Lowcountry were placed on lockdown last week.
A person spotted with a pellet gun in Dorchester County prompted officials to lock down Summerville High and Gregg Middle schools for about 30 minutes on Friday, officials said.
Prior to that, a 12-year-old's threatening Snapchat sent eight Mount Pleasant schools into a lockdown for about an hour Tuesday while police investigated the post.