Moultrie Middle School held a drive-thru graduation for its eighth grade class on Wednesday evening. The celebration consisted of a caravan of graduates through the carpool lane as faculty greeted families with silly string and congratulatory signage.
Included in the fanfare was hip-hop music and drums played by staff. In addition, Mount Pleasant Fire Department used a fire truck to spray a water tunnel over the parade of cars. Mount Pleasant Police Department was also in attendance.
Graduating 8th graders received certificates along with coupons to Sonic and gift cards to Chick-fil-A. In total, 284 graduates made up the Moultrie Middle Class of 2020. The following is a breakdown of graduating students attending area high schools this fall:
- Lucy Beckham High School - 180 (63%)
- Wando High School - 53 (19%)
- Academic Magnet High School - 18 (7%)
- Oceanside Collegiate Academy - 15 (5%)
- Porter-Gaud Academy - 10 (4%)
- Bishop England High School - 4 (1%)
- Charleston County School of the Arts - 4 (1%)