South Carolina Politics
COLUMBIA — If clicking "like" on a Facebook post is a universal thumbs up, the special prosecutor in the Statehouse corruption probe appears t…
Gov. Henry McMaster and Greenville businessman John Warren are heading for a testy runoff to win the South Carolina Republican governor nod.
COLUMBIA — The math seems to work in Gov. Henry McMaster's favor in his upcoming Republican governor's runoff against political newcomer John Warren.
The two remaining candidates seeking the Republican nomination for governor, Gov. Henry McMaster and Greenville businessman John Warren, will debate next week in Newberry.
Archie Parnell, the South Carolina congressional candidate who admitted to beating his ex-wife several decades ago, overcame a wave of intense criticism from within his own party to easily win in the Democratic primary Tuesday.
Debating the week before the primary, the South Carolina Republican governor candidates attacked each other over the continuing Statehouse corruption scandal, being turned down for key jobs and their experience — or lack of it — in the state government Tuesday.
COLUMBIA — State Rep. James Smith, backed by a former vice president, continues to outraise Democratic rivals in a South Carolina governor's r…
COLUMBIA — At a recent candidate forum at Friendship Baptist Church, the church’s pastor, the Rev. Anthony Dicks, had a chance to go after emb…
COLUMBIA — Two weeks before the primary that will decide if he stays in office, Gov. Henry McMaster pointed at a building near downtown Columb…
LANCASTER — State officials were on a routine inspection when they came upon the wooden beam shattered beneath the bridge in Lancaster County.
COLUMBIA — A retired Kiawah Island real estate developer who lost to Henry McMaster in a heated 2014 lieutenant governor's race and was replac…
Five of the eight candidates running for South Carolina governor missed the deadline Tuesday to file pre-primary election campaign finance reports.
COLUMBIA — Gov. Henry McMaster continues raising more money than Catherine Templeton in the Republican race for governor, but his chief rival …
The chief rivals of Republican South Carolina Gov. Henry McMaster and Democratic Rep. James Smith did little damage at their first debates.
These are just a few of the things South Carolina governor candidates have promised to do this year.
South Carolina congressional candidate Archie Parnell made his first public appearance Saturday morning since divorce records emerged revealin…
Archie Parnell could force South Carolina Democrats into a similar dilemma to the one Republicans faced with Roy Moore in an Alabama Senate race last year.
COLUMBIA — The nasty part is about to begin in the 2018 South Carolina governor's election.
Archie Parnell, a Democratic congressional hopeful who earned national attention after nearly winning in deep red South Carolina last year, is…
South Carolina spends plenty of money on infrastructure — and if you believe that, Charleston has a bridge to sell you.
The Republicans running governor will debate Wednesday without the current officeholder, making Gov. Henry McMaster a likely target of their barbs.
COLUMBIA — Republican gubernatorial hopeful Catherine Templeton pretended to fire a pistol at a rattlesnake in a not-so-veiled dig at Gov. Hen…
A Republican lawmaker running for South Carolina attorney general voted for several bills supported by a state physician's advocacy group while he was the organization's top executive.
With their primary exactly four weeks away, Tuesday night's televised debate could be the most contentious meeting yet of the three Democrats …
Catherine Templeton asked for this.
- An unintentional Facebook 'like' shakes the South Carolina governor's race
- Friends of slain Charleston Black Lives Matter activist work to carry on legacy
- How to take down fire ants effectively and safely
- Hundreds gather at Charleston's Emanuel AME Church on third anniversary of deadly shooting
- Sapakoff: Myrtle Beach bowl game needs some South Carolina vs. Clemson, BBQ
- South Carolina's poison center steps in as snake bites hit near-record pace
- Mark Sanford unpacks his defeat: 'I wasn't Trump enough'
- CAA Basketball Tournament expected to move to Washington, D.C.
- SC prosecutor at center of FBI probe hired two with criminal records for key posts
- How Katie Arrington beat Mark Sanford: It was only partially the Trump tweet
- Mother Emanuel AME Church anniversary of church shooting
- James Island Yacht Club Regatta 2018
- Blackbaud opens new world headquarters on Daniel Island
- 600 attend Ellington Elite Youth Football Camp
- Huger native has road named after him, Sergeant Earl Singleton Memorial Highway
- Reader photos: Downtown After Dark
- Goose Creek Recs gymnastic classes
- Traces of life trapped beneath volcano's ash in Guatemala
- U.S. Open Golf Championship in Southampton, N.Y.