Photo by Alex Holt
About the Series
Of all the worries on parents’ minds, their children’s health often tops the list. Considering this, we’re presenting a three-part health series in our April, May and June 2017 editions. Each installment tackles a common health issue faced by today’s families.
Part one looks at kids and sports injuries, exploring how to prevent and treat the aches and pains that often plague young athletes.
Part two focuses on health and technology, examining how today’s ever-present electronic devices can help and harm a family’s well-being.
Part three delves into the sensitive topic of mental health. We’ll learn about some of the biggest mental health problems experienced by today’s kids, and explore various treatment options and coping mechanisms.
We hope this series will serve as a helpful resource for families facing complex health issues and striving toward wellness.
- When it comes to adoption, 'the biggest challenge is all the uncertainty'
- What you should know before you buy your holiday cards
- Our favorite Lowcountry events to get your family in the spirit!
- Dieting is a no-no for children, but parents of overweight kids still have options
- DIY holiday gifts your recipients will actually use from Lowcountry experts