School districts across the state are launching services to provide free meals to students while schools are shut down amid growing concerns of the coronavirus.
Below is a list of food resources and distribution sites, broken down by district, where students 18 years old and younger can receive free meals.
Charleston County School District
The district launched grab and go meal distribution sites earlier this month to serve students. Students from neighboring districts are also eligible to participate. All students must be with a parent or guardian in order to get their food.
Starting March 30, meals will be distributed Monday, Wednesday and Friday only. Students will still be able to receive five breakfasts and lunches each week. On Monday and Wednesday, students will receive two days worth of breakfast and lunch meals. On Friday, the district will provide one breakfast and one lunch meal.
District 1 Meal Sites (St. James Santee)
- Awendaw Town Hall 11 a.m. to 11:20 a.m.
- Lily Pond Baptist Church 12:40 p.m. to 1 p.m.
- Lincoln High School 12:10 p.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Greater Howard AME Church 11:40 a.m to noon
- St. James Santee Elementary 11 a.m. to 1p.m.
District 2 Meal Sites (Mt. Pleasant)
- Laing Middle 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Snowden Community Center 11 a.m. to noon
District 3 Meal Sites (James Island)
- EME Apartments noon to 12:30 p.m.
- Harbor View Elementary 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
District 4 Meal Sites (North Charleston)
- Accabbee Road Subdivision 11:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- Alston Lake Apartments 11:30 a.m. to noon
- Charleston School of the Arts 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Chicora Elementary 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Courtyard Square Apartment 12:45 p.m. to 1:20 p.m.
- Dale Valley 12:30 p.m. to 12:55 p.m.
- Driftwood Apartments 10:45 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Dubois Trailer Park 11:30 a.m. to 11:55 a.m.
- Easton St Subdivision 12:30 p.m. to 1 p.m.
- Fairwinds 11 a.m to noon
- Faith Revive 11:45 a.m. to 12:20 p.m.
- Gardens at Montague Apartments 11 a.m. to 11:35 a.m.
- Greenwood on Reserve 11 a.m. to noon
- Horizon Village 11 a.m. to noon
- Goodwin Elementary 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Ladson Elementary 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Lake Ashley Mobile Homes noon to 1 p.m.
- Lakewood Mobile Home Park 10:45 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.
- Meeting Street Elementary @ Brentwood 11 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Plantation Acres Mobile community 12:15 p.m. to 1 p.m.
- Hawthorne City 12:15 p.m. to 1 p.m.
- Spivey Trailer Park 11 a.m. to 11:25 a.m.
- Stall High School 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- The Waylon on Dorchester 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Tri County Park 12 p.m. to 12:25 p.m.
- The Woodside Manor 12:15 p.m. to1 p.m.
- Waters at Magnolia, Ladson 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Word of Life Ministries 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
District 9 Meal Sites (John’s Island)
- Haut Gap Elem 11 a.m. to1 p.m.
- Johns Island Rural Housing 11 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- St. James Bethel AME 11:45 a.m. to 12:30p.m.
District 10 Meal Sites (West Ashley)
- Carolina Voyager Charter 11 a.m. to1 p.m.
- Ashley Oaks Apartments 12:15 a.m. to 1p.m.
- Lovely Hill Missionary Baptist 12:15 p.m. to 12:45 p.m.
- Parmello 11a .m. to 11:45 a.m.
- West Ashley Middle 11 a.m. to 1p.m.
District 20 Meal Sites (Downtown Charleston)
- Back the Green noon to 12:45 p.m.
- Bridgeview Village 11 a.m. to noon
- Corner of America Steet and Mary Street 11:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Food Lion Parking Lot by sidewalk to Apt Complex 1015 King Street 11 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Orleans Gardens 11 a.m. to noon
- Robert Mills Manor 11 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.
- Sanders Clyde Elementary 11 a.m. to 1p.m.
District 23 Meal Sites (St. Pauls)
- Baptist Hill High School 11 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Burbage Mobile Home Park 11:35 a.m. to 12:05p.m.
- E.B. Ellington Elementary 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Hollywood Manor 11 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Hollywood Town Center 11:45 a.m. to 12:15p.m.
- Jane Edwards Elementary 11 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Jericho Mobile Home Park 11 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Ravenel Mobile Home Park 12:10 p.m. to 12:40p.m.
- Wiltown Community Center 12:15 p.m. to 12:45 p.m.
Berkeley County School District
Berkeley County will host meal distribution sites across the district at no cost to students 18 years old and younger.
Students can pick up lunch and a snack Monday through Friday from 11 a.m. to noon.
The following schools have been identified as drive through meal distribution locations:
- Berkeley High School
- Cainhoy Elementary School
- Cane Bay High School
- Cross Elementary School
- Devon Forest Elementary School
- Hanahan Elementary School
- J.K. Gourdin Elementary School
- Sedgefield Middle School
- St. Stephen Elementary School
- Timberland High School
The following community locations have also been added to the list for lunch pick up:
- Jamestown Baptist Family LifeCenter 11 a.m.
- Miracle Revival Center 11 a.m.
- Saint Phillips AME Church 11:35 a.m.
- MHP William Hill Lane at Geniune Lane 12:10 p.m.
- Cordesville Baptist Church 12:15 p.m.
- Community Lodge 11 a.m.
- Highpoint Circle at 3 Brothers Lane 11:35 a.m.
- Bethel AME Church 12:10 a.m.
- Hickory Grove Pentecostal Holiness Church 11:35 a.m.
- Greenland Baptist Church 11 a.m.
- Shannonwood Apartments 11 a.m.
- Freedom Church 11:30 a.m.
- Fishburne Educational Center 11 a.m.
- Hanahan Baptist Church 11:25 a.m.
- Hanahan Gymnasium 11:45 a.m.
- Hanahan Middle School 12:05 p.m.
- Seven Farms Apartments 11:35 a.m.
- Saint John AME Church 12:25 p.m.
- Holy Rock Temple of God Holiness 12:45 p.m.
- Pine Lakes Apartments Office 11 a.m.
- Collins Park Office 11:20 a.m.
- River Ridge Townhouses 11:40 a.m.
- Rosewood Townhomes Office noon
- Birch Hollow MHP 12:10 p.m.
- Patriots Place Townhomes Office 11 a.m.
- Marrington Village Apartments Office 11:20 a.m.
- Pinebrook Pointe Apartments Office 11:40 a.m.
- The Villas At Summer Creek Office 12:20 p.m.
- Shannon Park Apartments 12: 40 p.m.
- Crowfield Baptist Church 12:40 p.m.
- Wingate MHP Office 11 a.m.
- Waters At St. James Pool 11:20 a.m.
- Beckstone Apartments Office 11:40 a.m.
- Cobbstone Village Apartments Office noon
- Macedonia Christian Church 12:30 p.m.
Dorchester School District 2
Dorchester School District Two will provide a grab and go lunch along with the next day’s breakfast at seven school sites: Alston Bailey Elementary, Fort Dorchester High, Flowertown Elementary, Oakbrook Elementary, Spann Elementary, Windsor Hill Arts Infused Elementary School and Reeves Elementary.
Meal pickup is between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Dorchester School District 4
Breakfast and lunch will be provided for students during the school closure. Meals can be picked from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Clay Hill Elementary
- Four Holes Indian Reservation
- Sampson Road Carter Station
- Saint George Middle
- Saint Mark United Methodist Church
- Shady Grove United Methodist Church
- Saint Matthews Baptist Church
- Williams Memorial Elementary
- New Grace United Methodist Church
- Bethel #1 Church
- Jerusalem Baptist Church
- Saint Mark Baptist Church
- Cedarwood Apartments
- Harleyville Elementary School
- Odyssey Educational Center
- Winfield Apartments
Colleton County School District
Colleton County School District will have breakfast and lunch meals available for pickup at schools on Tuesday 9 to 11 a.m. Drivers will be able to receive their meal in their cars. Pickup locations are as follows:
- Bells Elementary School
- Black Street Early Childhood Center
- Colleton County Middle School
- Cottageville Elementary School
- Hendersonville Elementary School
The district also will distribute meals via bus routes. Visit http://www.colletonsd.org for a full list of sites.
Jasper County School District
Jasper County School District will provide students with two complete meals each day via school bus drop offs.
There will be two school buses dedicated to the Hardeeville area and two school buses dedicated to Ridgeland area. The buses will arrive at the stops in between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
Visit https://www.jcsd.net/apps/news/article/1186163 for a full list of sites and pick up times.
Richland County School District 1
Grab and go breakfasts and lunches for all children under 18 will be available at designated spots across the district.
Starting March 30, students will pick up one week's worth of meals on Mondays. With the new meal distribution process, bus distribution sites will end on March 27. Parents can pick up meals from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Monday. A child must be present to receive the meals.
The following sites have been identified for meal distribution:
- Carver-Lyon Elementary School
- Hyatt Park Elementary School
- Caughman Road Elementary School
- South Kilbourne Elementary School
- Edward E. Taylor Elementary School
- St. Andrews Middle School
- Southeast Middle School
- Eau Claire High School
- Lower Richland High School
- Richland One Central Kitchen