South Carolina Politics
South Carolina businesses have begun fighting back against the Trump administration's tariffs, but the state's leading politicians on Capitol …
In at least one way, South Carolina’s climate has changed noticeably.
COLUMBIA — President Donald Trump will visit to a high school outside Columbia and Vice President Mike Pence will speak at a college outside M…
The Republicans running governor will debate Wednesday without the current officeholder, making Gov. Henry McMaster a likely target of their barbs.
COLUMBIA — Phil Noble, a Democratic candidate for South Carolina governor, named Gloria Bromell Tinubu as his running mate pick for lieutenant…
COLUMBIA — Some legislators' effort to prevent local governments from banning plastic bags headed Thursday to the Senate floor for a debate th…
MYRTLE BEACH — It took just about a day for the video to reach 60 million people, and for many in this coastal city, that wasn't a good thing.
And now, another installment of Great Moments in Bureaucratic History:
Gov. Henry McMaster submitted a list of 135 distressed areas from around the state to the U.S. Treasury Department which would be eligible for tax incentives that are designed to encourage companies and developers to create businesses and affordable housing.
Job market got you down?
MYRTLE BEACH — Where Stormy Daniels goes, a tempest hasn't followed.
NORTH MYRTLE BEACH — Residents of this resort city overwhelmingly denied a new tax on Tuesday that would have funneled millions into tourism a…
MYRTLE BEACH — Gov. Henry McMaster highlighted the business credentials of his running mate Monday in one of their first appearances together …
Some freshmen lawmakers are shocked — shocked — to discover South Carolina government is inefficient and a select few wield all the power in C…
Some Republican state senators are trying once again to outlaw all abortions in South Carolina.
COLUMBIA — Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti is heading to South Carolina this week — another sign that presidential aspirants are beginning to …
MYRTLE BEACH — Stormy Daniels, the porn star reported to have had an affair with President Donald Trump a decade ago, is coming back to South …
MYRTLE BEACH — John Jenrette considers himself lucky.
It’s too bad Gov. Henry McMaster blew off the tea party convention in Myrtle Beach — he could’ve learned a thing or two about fixing governmen…
MYRTLE BEACH — Three of the four Republicans running for governor spent Monday telling South Carolina tea party members their views on the sta…
MYRTLE BEACH — Just over 10 hours into a partial federal government shutdown, Corey Lewandowski, the one-time manager of Donald Trump's presid…
Republican Nancy Mace sat in her home office on Daniel Island wondering whether she still believed in President Donald Trump, the very man she…
State lawmakers are trying to cash in with SCANA, but they’re leaving a lot of other money on the table.
We will soon see exactly how much pull Gov. Henry McMaster has with the White House.
Columbia Mayor Steve Benjamin had other municipalities in mind Tuesday night when his city became the first in the nation to ban bump stocks, …
- A downtown Charleston home will be torn down after flooding left the owner unable to sell
- Former Panthers star accused of stiffing Charleston anglers in charity fishing tournament
- Charleston County gives up on Naval Hospital in failed development plan that's cost $35M
- 20 things to know before daring to park in Charleston
- Wando River bridge lane closure planned amid repairs that could last another year
- Sapakoff: Clemson can win it all with Chase Brice at quarterback
- Charleston lifeguards dropped vinegar for jellyfish stings. An expert says that's wrong.
- New US Foods Chef'Store set to open in Charleston
- Mount Pleasant favorite House of Brews expanding with second location in West Ashley
- Charleston judge halts Trump rule that suspended clean water protections
- Lowcountry oysters harvested and eaten year round
- Building MUSC's new Shawn Jenkins Children's Hospital
- Remembering Queen of Soul Aretha Franklin
- Hootie & the Blowfish HomeGrown concert
- The future of Century Aluminum in Mount Holly depends on electricity costs
- Fetter Health Care opens new Thaddeus J. Bell, MD. Family Health Center in Summerville
- Elvis ain't Dead for one night at the Pour House
- First Day Festival kicks off the school year for Charleston area schools
- Reader photos: People during their travels
- Trophy Case 8/12