Georgetown held a Black Lives Matter protest on Saturday, June 6 to draw attention to racial injustice in light of the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis. Here are some photos from the event. Photos by Danny Kelly/South Strand News.
As featured on
Horry and Georgetown’s counties' multiple police departments were asked how they plan to prepare for potential protests and upheaval in response to the verdict in the murder case of George Floyd. This is what they had to say.
- Parlor Doughnuts wants to bring Americana nostalgia to Pawleys Island
- Wedgefield rezoning for affordable housing development wins key approval
- Georgetown tree ordinance update could protect more trees from development
- Here are Georgetown's 5 Democratic city council primary candidates
- Horry County schools will allow students to finish semester at home due to Gov. order
- After winning first region title in 10 years, Georgetown looks to make run in playoffs
- Wedgefield residents raise concerns over affordable housing development
- Georgetown airport gets federal grant to fix runway
- Georgetown safety chief Alan Walters named SC school administrator of the year
- It's budget season. Here's what's new in Georgetown County's budget next year.