WALTERBORO – Police Chief Otis Rhodes said an early Thursday morning blaze that started at a vacant house is considered an electrical fire.

Walterboro Public Safety officials responded to the fire at 114 Carter St. about 6 a.m. today. The fire damaged the roof at the back of the house. Walterboro and State Law Enforcement Division investigators are still out at the scene.

Officials do not believe the fire is related to the recent violence that has plagued the area in the last two weeks.

Check back with postandcourier.com as more details become available.