LOS ANGELES -- No new evidence has been uncovered in the death of Natalie Wood that would point to foul play, authorities said Tuesday.
Los Angeles County Sheriff's chief of detectives William McSweeney told the Los Angeles Times that several weeks of interviews and other investigative work have not uncovered any evidence the death was a homicide. It had been ruled as an accident.
Cold cases like Wood's are never really closed and detectives are still looking at some aspects of the case, said McSweeney.
The investigation was reopened in November, when detectives said several sources came forward with new information.
Natalie Wood died sometime after the evening of Nov. 28, 1981, when the 43-year-old actress was boating off Catalina Island with her husband Robert Wagner and actor Christopher Walken.