NOTE: All 48 events are independently organized and event cancellations are being posted as notified by event organizers. Please contact individual venues to ensure events are still planned for the original date/time.
The fifth annual Charleston Beer Week begins Saturday at multiple venues across town and is a celebration of the local craft beer community, “from brewer to bartender, from keg to glass.” This will be the ideal week to raise a pint to, and with, Charleston’s 19 production breweries, four brew pubs and craft beer-focused pubs.
Other area restaurants, stores and businesses also will be partaking in the beer bash. Some highlights include:
- Grown Up Field Day with Blue Blaze Brewing on Saturday at the Tattooed Moose on Johns Island, featuring old-school contests such as the three-legged race and tug-of-war, with a jump castle and live music from Mark Davis and friends.
- Flowertown Funky Firkin Fest on Sunday at Oak Road Brewery in Summerville, a cask-only festival emphasizing sour, wild and barrel-aged beers.
- Higher Gravity with Frothy Beard Brewing on Monday at Wild Blue Ropes Adventure Park on James Island, featuring a pop-up beer garden and live music from Tyler Boone and The Leftorium.
- Craft Beer Karaoke with Snafu Brewing on Monday at downtown Charleston’s Local 616.
- All Charleston Tap Takeover on Wednesday at downtown’s Closed For Business, with all 42 taps dedicated to local breweries.
The event calendar goes on with dinners, game nights, benefits and much more. Check the website for all of the details.
WHEN: Saturday, Sept. 9-Saturday, Sept. 16
WHERE: Multiple area venues
PRICE: Free-$75 and pay-as-you-go options
MORE INFO: charlestonbeerweek.com