Two identical nuclear projects, one in Georgia and one in South Carolina. Only one survived.
Insights that would have alerted regulators to problems with the nuclear project were scrubbed from an audit two years ago
Early signs of 'incompetence at every level' went unheeded as South Carolina rushed toward 'sexy' nuclear future
Internal Westinghouse document warned South Carolina nuclear reactor construction was 'at risk' in 2011
Documents show failed South Carolina nuclear project was years and millions of hours away from completion
SCANA CEO Kevin Marsh is at the center of the nuclear project's spectacular failure. Who is he?
The Latest Nuclear Project News
By this time last year, trouble was at SCANA Corp.'s door.
A long-awaited report about the financial ramifications of rate cuts for South Carolina Electric & Gas ducks a key question that regulators have been asking: Would the lost revenue force t…
South Carolina Electric & Gas worried that a highly critical audit of its nuclear project could be used against it even before the report was written — fears that intensified because it re…
Last week, Santee Cooper's attorneys asked a circuit court judge to move the lawsuit between the state-run utility and the electric cooperatives into arbitration, a procedure that allows legal matters to be worked out more quickly and, often, behind closed doors.
A slate of lawsuits seeking refunds for South Carolina Electric & Gas ratepayers can go forward, the state Court of Appeals says.
Nearly a year after a failed nuclear project raised enormous questions about South Carolina's energy sector, the state is still far from answering them.
COLUMBIA — SCANA's attempts to conceal information about the V.C. Summer nuclear project may have crumbled Wednesday as new evidence emerged about a highly critical audit, poking holes into st…
Federal investment regulators appear to be investigating whether Santee Cooper did enough to warn lenders about troubles with its massive nuclear project, according to a subpoena obtained by T…
The acquisition-hungry utility giant NextEra Energy, which has been eyeing Santee Cooper for months, says it’s still “on the hunt” for a power company after buying one in Florida.
A team of FBI agents visited the unfinished reactors at V.C. Summer Nuclear Station this month, marking one of the most visible actions yet by federal investigators probing the failed project.
Dominion Energy insists publicly it still opposes the Legislature's efforts to cut SCANA Corp.'s electricity bills as it seeks to buy the embattled South Carolina utility, but a Wall Street an…
COLUMBIA — With distrust building against state-owned utility Santee Cooper, South Carolina lawmakers on Thursday peppered two candidates for the state-run utility's board with questions about…
South Carolina Electric & Gas has finalized its purchase of a Midlands power plant, a deal it struck to address the fallout of its failed V.C. Summer nuclear project.
COLUMBIA — South Carolina's government-owned utility Santee Cooper paid millions of dollars in bonuses to the SCANA officials overseeing their failed nuclear project, even as its staff griped …
A SCANA official overseeing work on the V.C. Summer nuclear project openly doubted the reactors would be finished on time
State tax officials are auditing SCANA Corp. and Santee Cooper, asking whether the utilities need to pay sales tax on materials they bought for their failed nuclear project.
COLUMBIA — Utility companies may soon face tougher resistance in South Carolina as the state's regulators prepare to decide who should pay for two abandoned nuclear reactors at V.C. Summer station.
- Sea level rise study shows Charleston area one of the riskiest places to live in Southeast
- Boeing won't recognize union win at North Charleston site as it appeals vote
- Debate emerges around Charleston's apology for slavery: too much or not enough?
- Successful football coach Chuck Reedy comes back to Lowcountry to open his new restaurant
- A Charleston slave wrote down his story. We finally know his real name
- McMaster backs Trump administration on taking kids away from migrant parents
- Bill for failed South Carolina nuclear project could climb by $421 million
- Charleston-based sunglass company Nectar eyes growing sales
- SC lawmaker apologizes to Gov. McMaster but does not back off campaign allegation
- Deaths Summary for Tuesday, June 19, 2018
- James Island Yacht Club Regatta 2018
- Mother Emanuel AME Church anniversary of church shooting
- Charleston Scene's Bubbles and Brews at Frothy Beard Brewing Company
- Nine Charleston firefighters remembered at 11th anniversary service
- Blackbaud opens new world headquarters on Daniel Island
- 600 attend Ellington Elite Youth Football Camp
- Reader photos: Downtown After Dark
- U.S. Open Golf Championship in Southampton, N.Y.
- Huger native has road named after him, Sergeant Earl Singleton Memorial Highway