NEW YORK — AT&T is launching a new streaming service incorporating television networks from the Time Warner company it just bought.
Charleston has most of the pieces it would need to get a new wireless network downtown, to start building a grid of small transmitters on the tops of telephone poles and light posts.
South Carolina’s solar industry is expected to hold its own in 2018 after a legislative debate over its future ended in a stalemate. But the industry thinks its reach will begin tapering off i…
When Blackbaud Inc. moved its corporate headquarters to Daniel Island 18 years ago, that area of the city was still mostly undeveloped — still too young to have seen even its first buildings g…
WASHINGTON — A federal judge approved the $85 billion mega-merger of AT&T and Time Warner on Tuesday, a move that could usher in a wave of media consolidation while shaping how much consum…
NEW YORK — Your ability to watch and use your favorite apps and services could start to change — though not right away — following the official demise Monday of Obama-era Internet protections.
A group of nine South Carolina technology entrepreneurs are binding together to push an ambitious vision for the state: bringing it onto the blockchain.
Southern technology startups tend to play it safe.
The ride-hailing service Uber is using Charleston to test a new tool that sends passengers' locations directly to dispatchers when they dial 911.
Wall Street titan Goldman Sachs is unloading nearly half of its remaining shares in Benefitfocus Inc. as it gradually unwinds a stake that once accounted for nearly half the Daniel Island soft…
"That's how big a deal this is, how disruptive, how different."
The Lowcountry may be having traffic problems, but many of the people sitting in their cars every day have brought something else to the region: prosperity.
The Charleston health care software startup PokitDok says it picked up a $4 million investment from one of the nation's largest vision insurance companies.
The Medical University of South Carolina is taking more space in the upcoming WestEdge development north of its campus.
Charleston-based PhishLabs has raised just over $20 million to buy a competing cybersecurity firm, making a significant bet on its ability to snap up more of the market for spotting and shutti…
Artificial intelligence has a new challenge: Whether and how to alert people who may not know they're talking to a robot.
Duping people into handing over their personal information is out. The new trend for cyber criminals is to dupe them into giving up their employers' details instead.
The connected-vehicle company Zubie is experimenting with using its technology on rental cars, testing the waters of an emerging trend in the industry.
Benefitfocus thinks that on some level, it should be thought of alongside names like Airbnb and Uber.
Blackbaud Inc. is making a $43 million bet that data analytics is central to the future of its business, acquiring a startup to shore up its ability to crunch numbers for nonprofit groups.
- Breaking up South Carolina's biggest high school won't be easy
- DOT: Corrosion 'exploded' cable in Wando Bridge, sending grout flying 100 feet
- Holly Hill man caught smuggling up to $400,000 in turtles from Hong Kong
- In SC, pregnant girls as young as 12 can marry. There've been 7,000 child brides in 20 years.
- Man who led South Carolina sex trafficking ring sentenced to 40 years
- A planned memorial park in Mount Pleasant leads to acrimony with racial overtones
- Up to 4,000 SC third-graders could be held back for failing reading test
- 'Fix Flooding First:' Lowcountry-wide group pushes for action on drainage problems
- Hicks column: Republican governor candidates offer the best, and worst, of two popular pols
- 5 reasons why an NBA team should give Clemson guard Gabe DeVoe a chance
- Volvo unveils new S60 sedan at SC plant
- Uncork, Charleston's latest wine bar, is now open
- Republican gubernatorial debate between Governor Henry McMaster and John Warren
- Weaving around the obstacles on the way to opening
- Mother Emanuel AME Church anniversary of church shooting
- Nine Charleston firefighters remembered at 11th anniversary service
- Charleston Scene's Bubbles and Brews at Frothy Beard Brewing Company