A third new shopping center is in the works for booming Mount Pleasant.
Online retail juggernaut Amazon is flexing its muscle in the brick-and-mortar grocery business, a year after acquiring upscale chain Whole Foods Market for $13.7 billion.
Living in Atlanta after attending college in Virginia, Sean Holmes dabbled in personal training after serving on the baseball team at Virginia Commonwealth University.
Corporate bankruptcies are normally complicated and time-consuming.
Baker Motor Co. has added a famed Italian luxury nameplate to its West Ashley car lineup, giving it 14 brands of high-end automobiles.
WASHINGTON — U.S. retail sales rose by the most in six months in May, a sign that confident consumers are leading a strong economic rebound after a slow start to the year.
A Charleston-based merchant that got its start in a mall kiosk 16 years ago will open its 19th store in the Southeast this weekend. Three others are on the way over the next few months.
The Food Marketing Institute projects online grocery sales will soar to $100 billion by 2025, capturing 20 percent of the total grocery retail market.
It's really, really hard to open a Chick-fil-A franchise, even without the pull of a government agency.
The new Publix-anchored shopping center coming to the Cainhoy area of Charleston will break ground in September.
NEW YORK — That Starbucks habit just got a little more expensive.
Two new women's apparel shops are opening in the Charleston region while another will turn out the lights.
A Charleston-based, independent Piggly Wiggly grocery store owner is adding two more of the iconic supermarkets to his portfolio.
A Charleston-based toy retailer will become the nation's first specialty store to host a Mattel store within a store.
A developing new shopping center in Mount Pleasant is quickly adding new tenants.
A once-prominent fixture of West Ashley's grocery scene is disappearing.
BOSTON — The bankrupt 171-year-old candy maker known for its chalky Necco Wafers and those little inscribed hearts that are everywhere on Valentine's Day got a sweet message from a rival Wedne…
NEW YORK — J.C. Penney CEO Marvin Ellison, a former Home Depot executive, is leaving the department store chain after less than four years to become the top executive at Lowe's.
The Lowcountry may be having traffic problems, but many of the people sitting in their cars every day have brought something else to the region: prosperity.
A new coat of paint and a lot of cosmetic work go a long way toward a retail makeover.
Visitors to Charleston say they are avoiding sections of King Street — the heart of the city's retail district and a prime tourist attraction — because of the increasing number of street hawkers trying to lure them inside as they walk by.
Two more Applebee's diners closed in the Charleston region this week.
New restaurants continue to cater to Charleston's discriminating palate.
The second-biggest spending holiday of the year is this weekend.
People lined up at the Charleston area's newest Chick-fil-A restaurant before the sun came up Tuesday.
A shrinking supermarket chain is now offering grocery delivery to boost sales throughout Charleston and a handful of other Southeastern metro areas.
A Goose Creek-based Subway franchise owner who once appeared in the restaurant chain's commercials as a local business owner has filed for bankruptcy protection.
All of the Church's Chickens are once again serving throughout Charleston after several of them abruptly closed nearly three months ago.
The firm bought the interior portion of the mall in early 2017 for $17 million. It's comprised of nearly 20 acres, including parking.
Customers are lined up once again at a popular chicken chain restaurant in downtown Charleston.
A North Charleston-based spirits producer plans to churn out even more refined alcohol products this year.
A former retail icon is slipping away from the Charleston landscape.
The Charleston region will lose three of its pharmacies this month after they were bought by a rival chain.
A Mount Pleasant-based publishing house known for its local and regional history titles has been sold to a newly formed investor group that plans to target more acquisitions in the book business.
For the second time this spring, a failed Charleston-area grocery store could soon be transformed into a rival supermarket.
A new Chick-fil-A restaurant is on the way to the Charleston area.
- Breaking up South Carolina's biggest high school won't be easy
- DOT: Corrosion 'exploded' cable in Wando Bridge, sending grout flying 100 feet
- Holly Hill man caught smuggling up to $400,000 in turtles from Hong Kong
- In SC, pregnant girls as young as 12 can marry. There've been 7,000 child brides in 20 years.
- Man who led South Carolina sex trafficking ring sentenced to 40 years
- A planned memorial park in Mount Pleasant leads to acrimony with racial overtones
- Up to 4,000 SC third-graders could be held back for failing reading test
- 'Fix Flooding First:' Lowcountry-wide group pushes for action on drainage problems
- Hicks column: Republican governor candidates offer the best, and worst, of two popular pols
- 5 reasons why an NBA team should give Clemson guard Gabe DeVoe a chance
- Volvo unveils new S60 sedan at SC plant
- Uncork, Charleston's latest wine bar, is now open
- Republican gubernatorial debate between Governor Henry McMaster and John Warren
- Weaving around the obstacles on the way to opening
- Mother Emanuel AME Church anniversary of church shooting
- Nine Charleston firefighters remembered at 11th anniversary service
- Charleston Scene's Bubbles and Brews at Frothy Beard Brewing Company