More than a dozen rental property managers, leasing pros, advocates and communities raked in honors at a local trade group's annual trophy ceremonies last month.
Charleston Apartment Association distributed the Diamond Award honors to multifamily properties.
"The Diamond Awards are an annual celebration for recognizing excellence in the local multifamily industry," says Lisa Pelloni, president, Charleston Apartment Association. "The quality and quantity of nominees are a testament to the talent in the local industry and we sincerely congratulate each of the nominees and winners."
Charleston Apartment Association hosted the yearly awards celebration March 10 at the Gaillard Center. According to the association, the Diamond Awards are based on four C's of Commitment to Service, Community Quality, Champion Team Effort and Creative Application of Knowledge and Skills. Members nominated property management professionals who excelled in the areas in 2016, the association says.
The list includes:
- Leasing Professional of the Year, Ruthann Pounds, Element at Carolina Bay
- Maintenance Technician of the Year, Richard King, Atlantic Palms
- Assistant Manager of the Year, Denise Elliott, Plantation Oaks
- Maintenance Supervisor of the Year, Chris Allen, Channel at Bowen
- Manager of the Year, Michelle Lorick, Plantation Oaks
- Vendor of the Year, Cathy Hontz, RentPath
- Regional Manager of the Year, Christy Stevens, Greystar
- Groundskeeper of the Year, Christopher Hall, Woodlocke Apartments
- CAA Advocate of the Year, Christina Crosby, Atlantic Palms
- Community of the Year (new-10 years old), Channel at Bowen
- Community (11-20 years old), Atlantic Palms
- Community (21-30 years old), Plantation Oaks
- Community (31-plus years old), Crickentree Apartments
- Board of Directors Member of the Year, Megan Gallagher, Courtyards at 411 Meeting Street
- Board Associate Member of the Year, Ben Pendarvis, e3 Waste
- Board Direct Member of the Year, Donna Bolewitz, Grayco Properties
The association also recognized 2016-2017 L.E.A.D. (Leadership Experience through Active Development) participants including Crosby, Elliott, Jenny Yokoyama of CATCON, Kathlina Sampson of Bees Ferry, Rachael Anderson of The Boulevard and Tim Madden with Multi Family Pest Control.
The association's board of directors are Pelloni, president, AdaLease Property Management; Michael Silky, vice president, Greystar; Tammy Carvajal, treasurer, Pegasus Residential; Christy Dukes, secretary, RentPath; Wendy Tucker, immediate past president, CF Real Estate Services; Hontz; David Barabas, Poo Prints of South Carolina; Bolewitz; Mary Anne Demster, Appliance Warehouse; Gallagher; Melissa Wagner, Silvana Oaks; Lorick; Sedra Charap, VTT Management and Susan Smits, Belle Hall.
The nonprofit Charleston Apartment Association consists of professionals that "support, serve, advocate and educate the multifamily industry," the group says.