The roadway system connecting an upscale Summerville master-planned community to adjacent highways and interstates will improve traffic flow at the village and surroundings, according to neighborhood supporters.
It's an economic model that's served the timeshare industry for decades. Travelers amass shared ownership or rental stakes in the residences at resort condos, townhomes and hotels, then are rewarded with days to stay in units overlooking the ocean, mountains or tourist sites. Sales volume hi…
A strong manufacturing economy in South Carolina has caught the eye of retailers, keeping store vacancy rates at some of the lowest figures in years, according to a nationwide commercial real estate firm's report.
White rounded columns guard the entrance to a striking two-story Mount Pleasant home for sale, built at the center of an Old Village enclave and reachable from a circular drive.
Agents understand the advantages of promoting houses in a community boasting tennis courts, a swimming pool, steeplechase track and horse stables, as well as the golf course.
Barbee, McDonnell join growing realty in Summerville
The housing market into June finds itself in a financial period not seen for at least four years.
Yesteryear's small towns evoke glowing memories of quaint center squares, well-kept homes behind picket fences, busy stores with friendly shopkeepers and tasty eateries down the street or a short drive.
When first glimpsing the idyllic sea island home site, the architect who would design Gerry and Betty King's house exclaimed, "I've got 320 degrees of view to capture."
In between breaks for burgers and fries, house seekers inspected pristine two-story models May 12 at the grand opening of Tributary at The Park at Rivers Edge. The new Hunter Quinn Homes townhome community boasts 94 properties in the first construction phase and base prices of $189,900 and up.
Two banks based in South Carolina are among 36 institutions that joined the Mortgage Bankers Association earlier this month.
Home purchases are described as the American dream, maybe the priciest acquisition that people make. Yet once buyers have signed a deal on a house, they tend to shy away from saving a few thousand dollars to replace a worn heat pump, for instance.
Suburbs such as Goose Creek and Summerville are keeping a lid on home loan balances, even as Ladson, Moncks Corner and Mount Pleasant face a mounting pile of expenses, according to a new report on mortgage debt.
High costs for rentals and low numbers of unattached college grads left the Lowcountry with a D-plus grade for singles out of more than 300 metro area in the U.S., an online apartment marketplace disclosed in a new survey.
Berkshire Hathaway Carolina Sun taps agent who originally framed houses
For the eighth straight year, Greystar Real Estate Partners LLC is the nation's largest apartment developer, according to a yearly findings from the National Multifamily Housing Council.
The luxury houses that Chad Priest tracks on the west bank of the Ashley River list in the $650,000 to $725,000 range. There's just a dozen, but the residences can offer perks found in properties double the price across the water in peninsula Charleston, at the beach or in East Cooper.
Growing franchise's West Ashley office adds agents with Charleston ties
April, Charleston area
Potential buyers are able to choose from 54 water's edge properties and move in to The Landing at St. John's Yacht Harbor by next summer.
Barbara Delia of Charleston explains how a life-changing event 11 years ago brought her into real estate and championing for accessible housing.
LaJuan Kennedy gets amused when vacationers dial Fred Holland Realty grousing that the Internet's not working at their beach rental. "That's the biggest thing (for calls)," she says. Her thoughts if not comments to the visitors? "Go sit by the ocean; play in the sand."
Siberian oak floors, peaked metal roof and exacting shiplap wood interior spotlight traditional perks in a 4,018-square-foot Daniel Island home for sale — but that's just a glimpse.
CAA - Electrical Fundamentals Class
Stories in Curbed, the Wall Street Journal and the New York Times this winter publicized swanky homes for sale that all involved William Means Real Estate.
Five Charleston area nonprofits received $4,350-$6,000 apiece in April from a sizable local builder's giving wing.
Veteran traveler joins Berkshire Hathaway Carolina Sun
Many desired home sites typically cluster in new-home neighborhoods, but there are exceptions.
The real estate offices are about 10 miles apart, but Centre Pointe and 35 Broad St. carry weight with Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage as important locations in the company's Carolinas region.
It was just a few years ago that economists and real estate gurus were forecasting how millennials would upset the residential market apple-cart, renting plush apartments for years and years to maintain their freedom to move and travel while thumbing their noses at the generational staple of…
Modern technologies from computers to smart phones weren't best sellers right off; they attracted waves of consumers only after prices dropped to an affordable point. Similarly, eco-friendly home- and commercial-building industries date back decades. But it's expenses are coming down to meet…
Lunch and Learn: MUSC and Proposed Community Hospital
A national study looking at markets from office to multifamily housing finds Charleston to be "poised for growth," driven by a plenty stoked economy.
Real estate pros need to keep up with social changes or face losing their livelihood in the next decade, a Tennessee-based broker and speaker told Charleston area agents at a Realtors of Distinction luncheon April 24.
The primary group handling real estate listings in lower South Carolina coastal regions and parts of Georgia claimed its busiest year in 2017, tallying $3.85 billion in property transactions.
Major agency brings on DeMarco, Millar in separate island offices
The new Nexton/Cane Bay center for Carolina One Real Estate meshes with an emerging growth corridor outside Summerville and Goose Creek
The shortage of affordable homes has industry observers suggesting that manufactured homes could be primed for a comeback
Carnes Crossroads Farmers Market
First-time home buyers accounted for more than one in three of all single-family homes sold but it's never easy.
Ceilings stand 9-14 feet, white columns guard the formal dining room, floors are red oak. The house sits waterside touting a screened-in porch, broad lawn, landscaped accents, shed and fenced area for a boat.
A thriving economy and "awesome quality of life" in the Upstate are prompting homeowners to revamp their homes 30 percent faster than the South as a whole.
International scholar born into Lowcountry real estate family joins luxury firm
The Lowcountry kept pace in recording substantial apartment growth but the rapid expansion could result in a higher share of units empty next year, a national commercial real estate firm predicts.
Trying to gauge the makeup, interests and financial status of today's homeowners can be a crap shoot, so better look closely at the DICE.
The Charleston area placed 43rd of the 100 largest metros in apartment building volume — $2.7 billion spent in multifamily construction from 2000 to 2016.
Youth Fishing Rodeo
- New interchange opens up access to and from Summerville-based Nexton
- High-tech digital accounting breathing new life into shared vacation ownership
- Consultant: Shops fill retail centers in Charleston and elsewhere in state, boosting markets
- Traditional house situated in Mount Pleasant's Old Village offers grand scenes of Charleston Harbor
- Homes sell faster than average in Charleston's golf course neighborhoods
- Agent Update
- Rising interest rate environment may dampen home, but not extinguish, home sale trends
- Nearly 900 apartment units proposed in 4 developments in Charleston area
- Houston firm buys former Magnolia tract in Charleston Neck area
- Demolition sought in Charleston to make way for mixed-use development
- First of three buildings in initial $280 million WestEdge project to open in January in Charleston
- Upper Charleston peninsula hotel project gets green light
- Charleston region's second Del Webb community to unveil model homes in Nexton
- Greystar investment vehicle acquires large-scale apartment home developer
- Sprawling riverside estate on Seabrook Island boasts exquisite interior, panoramic vistas
- 466 Island Park Drive -- Newer house on Daniel Island golf course combines modern, time-honored features
- 8304 Dye Makers Ridge -- Uplifting home in quiet Indigo Fields built on pond, sports ample backyard
- 2495 Eden Forest Road -- Environmentally acclaimed wood-frame property boasts forested surroundings on rural Johns Island
- 5348 Boone Run -- Elevated home on edge of Stono Ferry golf course touts saltwater pool, enclosed backyard
- 3713 Station Point Court -- Distinctive marsh-side residence gains stature with elevated setting, versatile design
- 2500 Palm Blvd. -- Ample oceanfront residence east of the Cooper claims pristine views, plush interior
- 2701 Palm Blvd. -- Sizable Isle of Palms home a place to entertain, relax across from beach