Flight cancellations spilled over into the second day of the work week Jan. 4 at Charleston International Airport as a winter storm grounded some flights in the mid-Atlantic and Northeast.
Airlines scuttled seven arrivals and six departures to and from the Lowcountry, according to the airport's website as of mid-morning Tuesday.
Among the canceled arriving flights were:
- American Airlines from Washington Reagan National (two flights)
- Delta Air Lines from New York LaGuardia
- JetBlue Airways from New York La Guardia and John F. Kennedy
- Southwest Airlines from Baltimore
- United Airlines from Newark
Among canceled departures were:
- American to Washington Reagan National (two flights)
- JetBlue to New York John F. Kennedy and LaGuardia
- Southwest to Baltimore
- United to Newark
The flight schedule shows most routes returned to normal by late Tuesday, but travelers should check with their carriers for the latest updates.
Two afternoon flights have been canceled for Jan. 5 as of late Tuesday. American nixed flights between Charleston and Chicago O'Hare while United cut its route between the Lowcountry and Newark.