• Lowcountry Travelers will hold its annual car show 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at Wando Crossing shopping center in the Walmart parking lot in Mount Pleasant. Classes are for years 1900-74 including motorcycles. Registration fee is $15. Trophies will be awarded in all classes plus Best in Show. Proceeds benefit the MUSC Children’s Miracle Network. For more information, call Rev. Smalls at 843-609-6125.
• Lowcountry Volkswagen Club and JK Automotive present the 20th annual Oktoberfest Car Show, to be held at 1880 N. Main St. in Summerville. Gates open at 9 a.m. For more details, visit the club website at lcvwc.webs.com or contact JK Automotive at 843-851-2800.
• The Vintage Thunderbird Club International will hold its 40th annual convention and show at the Marriott Courtyard Charleston Mount Pleasant, at 1251 Woodland Ave. in Mount Pleasant. At least 100 car enthusiasts and more than 50 Ford Thunderbirds dating as far back as 1955 are expected to arrive from across the country. Attendees have various tours and events lined up during the week. Larry Seyfarth, a notable member from the Detroit area, is scheduled to present awards. The event is sponsored by the Florida West, North Georgia, and Space Coast Thunderbirds. Coordinating the show will be James A. Cassidy, of Homosassa, Fla., director of the Southeast region that includes South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee and Alabama. The car show will be held 9 a.m.-2:30 p.m. on Saturday. For more information, visit www.vintagethunderbirdclub.net.
• Bessinger’s Bar-B-Q will host its monthly Open Car, Truck & Motorcycle Show 6-9 p.m. at the restaurant at 1602 Savannah Highway. Registration is $5. There are three trophies per class. Classes are cars 1942 and earlier, 1943-59, 1960-71 and 1972-2012; street rods, trucks and motorcycles. Music is by The Cruise-O-Matics. The shows are the first Wednesday of the month.
• Crank up your classic for a free, “Noon Hour” car show at Dukes
BBQ in Ridgeville. Lowcountry Mopars is putting on the event.
• The 25th annual Automotive Browsefest, hosted by Lowcountry Mopars, will be held 10 a.m.-3 p.m. at the Coastal Carolina Flea Market. Pre-registration by Sunday is $12 and day of show registration, 10 a.m.-noon, is $15. Vendor/swap space is $15 and car corral space is $5. Participant judging runs from noon to 1:30 p.m. with awards given out at 2:30 p.m. The event benefits Camp Happy Days. For more information call Betty at 843-797-3246, Stu at 843-688-5992 or visit scmopar.atspace.com.
• The British Car Club of Charleston will conduct its 28th annual British Car Day show 9 a.m.-2 p.m. at Memorial Waterfront Park in Mount Pleasant. Registration is $30 per car before Oct. 20 and $35 per car until the day of the show. There is a discount for pre-registered multiple cars. The event will feature more than 30 judging classes. Grounds will open at 9 a.m., with registration ending at noon. Judging will be from noon to 2 p.m. with trophies awarded at the show. There also will be food and music. The club will sponsor a welcome reception on Friday, Oct. 26, at Harbor Breeze Restaurant, 176 Patriots Point Road. For more information, visit the club’s website at www.britishcarclubcharleston.com or contact Dennis Wunsch at 843-696-0910 or HD1CH@aol.com.
• A car show will be held 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Gilligans, 3852 Ladson Road. Show entry is $10 per vehicle. All proceeds go to benefit Operation Christmas Child. For more information, contact Shonda at 843-718-7076 or Louann at 843-532-1421. The event is open to the public, and people are urged to come to see the cars even if they don’t have one in the show. There will be at least 50 raffles to give away including gift cards and photography lessons.
Send car show information to Car Show Calendar, The Post and Courier, 134 Columbus St., Charleston SC 29403, fax it to 843-937-5778 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Notices on events in the greater Charleston area will appear, as space allows, in the Saturday Wheels and Waves section.
For an expanded list of shows from around the Carolinas, visit www.postandcourier.com.
Going to a car show this weekend? Submit your photos and videos, or send your car show information to Car Show Calendar, The Post and Courier, 134 Columbus St., Charleston SC 29403, fax it to 843-937-5778 or email email@example.com.