Volvo Cars offered car enthusiasts a partial sneak peek Tuesday at the retooled sports sedan it will unveil at its new South Carolina plant on Wednesday.
Wearing a matching purple cap, Richard Mitchell displayed his late model sports car convertible as the mid-day heat enveloped the sixth annual Miracle Cruise-in Open Car Show.
North Ridge Custom Cycles got its start selling pre-owned Harleys and fixing and customizing all types of motorbikes.
Baker Motor Co. has added a famed Italian luxury nameplate to its West Ashley car lineup, giving it 14 brands of high-end automobiles.
Anyone turning into the Cars on a Mission auto show May 26 would have been hard-pressed to miss Justin Hustead's "Porsche Red" 1933 Plymouth fitted with saddle leather interior and doors hinged to open from front to back.
One of the most price-effective and time-tested ways to go off the beaten path in a motorized vehicle is to buy a used SUV or pickup and modify it with aftermarket parts to enhance its performance. Well, there's also something to be said for getting a new vehicle straight from the dealer sho…
Pumping gas at a self-service station, something drivers do in almost all states, has been a solitary task since the long-ago days when attendants routinely topped the tank, washed windshields and checked the oil.
Countless hours working on Infiniti vehicles expanded David Fogle’s knowledge of and cemented his experience with the luxury brand.
Iris Tripet idled the 1974 Lancia Fulvia Coupe on a downtown Charleston side street Sunday morning toward the starting line of the 2018 Trans America Challenge, prepared to negotiate a winding 5,000 mile course passing through Charlotte, Memphis and New Orleans — and scores of country roads …
The property was filling up around an automotive fixture on Savannah Highway, and it was time to make a move.
Dressed in the event's printed shirts, Skip and Diane Kershner were among scores of volunteers working the 11th yearly Veterans Victory House car show May 12, organized by Walterboro Cruisers.
MUNICH (AP) — Charging an electric car away from home can be an exercise in uncertainty — hunting for that one lonely station at the back of a rest-area parking lot and hoping it's working.
The sticker price affixed to millions of SUV, truck and car side windows nationwide states the vehicle's cost for all to see. But unlike many retail products, there's traditionally wiggle room with the dollar amount that buyers actually pay.
The Volvo sedans that will roll off the automaker's South Carolina assembly line this year will be the company's first vehicle to hit the market without a diesel engine option.
Two lines of unusual, shiny, top-notch vehicles highlighted a novel Goose Creek show May 5, a spinoff from the annual Battle of the Bands off Howe Hall Road.
Amongst the pre-owned Jaguars and Rolls at one Savannah Highway dealership, there are new topless four-seaters priced less than $17,000 that hark to the days of beach riders and surfing music.
Names like Carma, Clutch and Canvas may not be familiar to drivers but these companies or rivals could capture wider shares of the automotive market by charging flat fees for shoppers to "subscribe" to vehicles cars and even, with some programs, to swap cars in days or months.
Luke Lemacks of Goose Creek can't take credit for beautifying the black 1963 Ford Falcon Futura he brought to Trident Technical College last Saturday, but he pledges to keep up the car.
The period between the mid-1960s and the early 1970s was a high point for classic muscle-car performance. Fifty years later, the latest batch of American performance cars is taking that reputation to new heights and leaving the rest of the world's automakers in their dust.
Traveling in recreational vehicles to see the country is as time-honored as the Airstream or Winnebago, and many thousands of visitors take bus tours all over the U.S.
The automaker's a household word in the luxury car business, in the top three by sales in the United States year in adn year out. Still it faced a test with the latest generation of the LS 500, attempting to keep upgrading a model introduced nearly three decades ago.
Producing a classic car TV show for 23 years, and reaching all 50 states, Dennis Gage has undoubtedly filed away a few impressions of his stops. So what stood out about Charleston?
A German manufacturer plans to invest $16.1 million to open a plant in Dorchester County that will supply an existing North Charleston automotive parts maker.
In the late 2000s, a local Corvette club looking to build on its widely-popular open show rolled out an all 'Vette display attracting classic Chevy sports cars from across the Southeast and beyond.
A West Ashley car enthusiast, Steve Parks was making his initial appearance in the first-Wednesday-of-the-month evening auto fest at a popular eatery on Savannah Highway. He arrived as a spectator, but fellow drivers thought his purple-hued 1983 Chevrolet Monte Carlo belonged in the event. B…
- Breaking up South Carolina's biggest high school won't be easy
- Holly Hill man caught smuggling up to $400,000 in turtles from Hong Kong
- Democratic nominee for South Carolina governor parts ways with campaign manager
- 5 exceptional Charleston area restaurants that nobody seems to know about
- Retail center planned for Mount Pleasant; restaurants coming to Charleston area
- Vote on Charleston's slavery apology reveals just how divided City Council is on race
- It's official: Charleston apologizes for its role in slavery
- James Island mayor's words drip with venom, commissioners say
- Isle of Palms police change policy after moped crash prompts $750K settlement
- In SC, pregnant girls as young as 12 can marry. There've been 7,000 child brides in 20 years.
- Volvo unveils new S60 sedan at SC plant
- Republican gubernatorial debate between Governor Henry McMaster and John Warren
- Uncork, Charleston's latest wine bar, is now open
- Weaving around the obstacles on the way to opening
- Blackbaud opens new world headquarters on Daniel Island
- Mother Emanuel AME Church anniversary of church shooting
- Nine Charleston firefighters remembered at 11th anniversary service
- Charleston Scene's Bubbles and Brews at Frothy Beard Brewing Company
- Reader photos: Downtown After Dark
- James Island Yacht Club Regatta 2018