A 15-year-old is accused of setting a bathroom on fire at Colleton Medical Center on Sunday, police said.

Emergency crews were called to the hospital, 501 Robertson Blvd., shortly before 1 p.m., an incident report states.

Hospital employees told police that they allowed the Yemassee teen to use the bathroom by himself. He was admitted into the hospital on Friday for treatment, police said.

Flames triggered a fire alarm as the teen walked away from the bathroom, the report said.

A member of the hospital’s staff extinguished the fire, which was set to a seat cover dispenser, police said.

Security later found a lighter and cigarette butt in the bathroom. The teen told officers that his brother gave him the items.

The teen was released to his mother and the Department of Juvenile Justice was notified about the incident.