Police: Man confesses to killing missing person; body found behind North Charleston restaurant

Rolando Aldama

North Charleston investigators recovered a body Wednesday morning after a 35-year-old man confessed to killing and burying the missing person behind a restaurant, according to authorities.

Police were following up on a burglary at 9 p.m. Tuesday at La Bomba Bar and Grill at 5020 Rivers Ave. and questioning a potential suspect when he confessed to killing a male who had been missing since Saturday, according to spokesman Spencer Pryor. The restaurant is located near Interstate 526.

Rolando Aldama-Ocampo, whose address was not released, has been charged with murder, possession of cocaine and trafficking methamphetamine. He told police where the body was buried, Pryor said.

Charleston County jail records show that Aldama-Ocampo is booked on a charge of financial identity fraud and being held by Immigration and Naturalization Services.

The victim has not yet been identified by the Charleston County Coroner’s Office. Pryor said the office would announce the cause of death.

The case remains under investigation.

Reach Melissa Boughton at 843-937-5594 or at Twitter.com/mboughtonPC.