Twelve hours after North Charleston police announced charges last week in the New Year's Day shootings of three women, bullets pierced a home's walls and killed a man once wanted for questioning in the crimes.

The shooting around 4:30 a.m. Friday was carried out in a way similar to the ones Jan. 1 that killed two of the women. Someone fired into the house at 2774 S. Surrey Dr. in North Charleston, fatally striking 21-year-old Terrell Lawrence Wilson as he lay on a couch.

Spencer Pryor, a spokesman for the North Charleston Police Department, has said that detectives haven't gathered any information linking the homicide Friday to the ones earlier this year. They have not publicly identified any suspects in Wilson's slaying.

Pryor also declined Tuesday to say how Wilson, who had lamented the women's deaths on Facebook, might have been involved in the investigation.

The day before Wilson's death, the city's police chief said two men would be charged in the women's killings: Jimmie Harris, 25, of Dowling Road and Montreal Ford, 22, of Louise Drive.

After Wilson was slain Friday, officers also arrested Hikeem Javasea Devoy Reaves, 22, of St. Ives Road on a charge of accessory after attempted murder in one of the Jan. 1 shootings.

The attacks were said to have resulted from a dispute between two men bent on retribution.

Investigators said Harris and Ford got into a fight early on Jan. 1 at Club Crucial, a Dorchester County nightclub.

Harris later followed Ford to his home at 2315 Aintree Ave., according to arrest affidavits. After Ford knocked, his mother got up to answer the door when the police said Harris fired at Ford. The 9 mm bullets instead hit Ford's mother, Sabrina Green, 41. She survived.

Detectives said Ford sought swift revenge by going to 3991 Niagra St. and shooting through the walls. Harris' stepmother, 52-year-old Janet Royal, was killed.

Harris then went to 4419 Ventura Drive and killed Debra Randall Martin, 49, the police said.

Harris later had Reaves find a white cloth, wrap it around two pistols, including the 9 mm handgun used in Green's shooting, and get rid of the guns, according to the affidavits.

Wilson's link to the ordeal remained unclear Tuesday.

Berkeley County deputies arrested him Jan. 21 in an effort to help the detectives investigating Green's shooting, they wrote in a report.

On Facebook, Wilson decried the deaths of Martin and his friend's mother, Royal, and said he wouldn't put down his own gun because people were "killin mamas." He vowed to take the matter into his own hands.

"I lost my mind," he wrote in lamenting Royal's death. "Only thing I believe in is that I know Im gone die one day!"

He had been tangled up in crime before.

In late March 2013, he told Charleston police that he was walking down a West Ashley street when someone pulled up and shot his leg. A police spokesman said Tuesday that his assailant was never caught.

Wilson, who lived on America Street in downtown Charleston, had past arrests on charges of discharging a firearm into a dwelling and second-degree assault and battery. He had been convicted of giving false information to police and marijuana possession.

He recently got a tattoo of a cross inked between his eyebrows, according to jail booking photos. Reaves had a similar tattoo.

Wilson was sleeping early Friday inside the Surrey Drive home when gunfire resounded. A woman in the house dialed 911 and cried to a dispatcher, according to the call obtained Tuesday through a S.C. Freedom of Information Act request.

"We hear gunshots," she said. "We wake up, and this young man is on the couch bleeding."

The woman could not say who might have shot him.

"I don't know," she said. "We don't know nothing."

Reach Andrew Knapp at 937-5414 or