A family of seven was displaced early Friday by an electrical fire in Colleton County, authorities said.
Colleton County firefighters responded to a mobile home on Blain Court shortly before 3 a.m., according to the department's Fire Chief Barry McRoy. The home is located in the Ruffin community, west of Walterboro.
Two adults and five children escaped the blaze, McRoy said. A woman who lived at the home told firefighters one of her children noticed the flames and woke her.
The mother found a fire behind a television in one of the home's bedroom walls, McRoy said. She got the family out of the house and fled to a neighbor's home to call 911.
The home was gutted by the blaze and the family lost everything inside. The home did not have smoke detectors, McRoy said.
The mother and an 11-month-old girl were treated at Colleton Medical Center for smoke inhalation. The other members of the family were not injured, he said.
American Red Cross volunteers provided the family with money for food, clothing, temporary lodging and other items.
Reach Christina Elmore at 937-5908 or at Twitter.com/celmorePC.