About seven minutes after Walter Scott was shot, a deputy reported to dispatchers that North Charleston police officers were busy doing CPR on him, according to a sheriff’s spokesman and dispatch logs.

After seeing a bystander’s video of Patrolman 1st Class Michael Slager shooting Scott several times in the back, community members raised concerns because officers did not start CPR at any point during the three-minute clip. The footage showed an officer only donning gloves and checking Scott’s wounds.

The police had written in a statement and in reports that officers performed “life-saving efforts” and CPR before paramedics showed up, but the agency’s chief said after the video surfaced that he wasn’t certain if they did CPR.

The footage showed Clarence Habersham, the first backup officer to arrive, putting on gloves and assessing Scott’s condition.

A short time later, Habersham pulled a medical kit out of the trunk of Sgt. James Gann’s cruiser after the car pulled up to the scene, according to a separate video taken from Gann’s vehicle.

Spencer Pryor, a spokesman for the North Charleston Police Department, said the kits typically contain first-aid supplies like gauze and bandages, along with equipment like gloves and shields for mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.

Gann’s kit was fully stocked, Pryor said.

Around 9:43 a.m., about five minutes after the shooting and two minutes after the bystander’s video ended, Slager radioed from the scene that officers had started chest compressions. Gann added in his incident report that he and Habersham did CPR on Scott.

Sgt. Kevin Ford of the Charleston County Sheriff’s Office also told dispatchers at 9:45 a.m. that he saw the officers doing CPR, sheriff’s Maj. Eric Watson said this week. Ford’s communication about CPR was noted on the incident detail report released by the county’s Consolidated 911 Center after The Post and Courier filed a S.C. Freedom of Information Act request.

But Ford, who helped set up a perimeter around the scene, was not “actively involved” at the site, Watson said, and he did not fill out a report.

Ford radioed the information just as paramedics from Charleston County Emergency Medical Services showed up.

Scott was in full cardiac arrest by 9:46 a.m., a team of North Charleston firefighters told dispatchers, according to the 911 Center log.

Then at 9:55 a.m. that Saturday, 17 minutes after Scott was shot, dispatchers summoned the county coroner.

Reach Andrew Knapp at 937-5414 or twitter.com/offlede.