A man working on a North Charleston church was shocked unconscious when he came into contact with a power line on Friday.
The contractor was shocked while working on St. Matthews Baptist Church at Grayson and North Atlantic streets on Friday morning, North Charleston Fire Department spokeswoman Bianca Bourbeau said.
Crews arrived to see a man in a lift unconscious. South Carolina Electric & Gas cut off the power to the line and firefighters lowered the man to the ground in a platform ladder truck.
EMS treated the man and transported him to the Medical University of South Carolina. More information on his condition was not available.
Reach Dave Munday at 937-5553.