Saturday, March 16
Aiken Training Track, 538 Two Notch Road
• Gates, vendors and concessions open at 10 a.m.
• Family area with inflatables; face painting; and a mechanical bull, weather permitting
• Opening ceremonies, featuring the dedication of the clocker's stand to Cot Campbell, start at noon.
• Races start after the opening ceremonies
• U.S. Pony Racing will be featured throughout the program.
• Tailgate and Best Hat Contests: Best Hat Contest is free to enter; entrants should go to the paddock when the announcer calls. The Tailgate Contest requires a $5 donation for entry with all monies collected to be given to the Friends of the Animal Shelter. Entries will be collected before 11:30 a.m. on the day of the race.
• Tickets and parking: General admission ticket is $15 in advance, $20 at gate; infield/outfield general admission parking is $15 in advance, $20 at gate. Everyone over the age of 6 must have a valid admission ticket.
• Tickets are available online at www.aikentrainingtrack.com and at the Aiken Training Track office at 538 Two Notch Road S.E. Tickets also are available at Aiken Saddlery, H. Odell Weeks Activities Center, Floyd & Green Jewelers, Aiken County Visitors Center on Laurens Street, Aiken Visitors Center and Train Museum on Park Avenue, Unique Expressions and Southside Gallery.
• Tickets also are available by mail. Make checks payable to The Aiken Trials and send to The Aiken Training Track, P.O. Box 656, Aiken, South Carolina 29802.
For more information, call the Aiken Training Track office at 803-648-4631 or visit www.aikentrainingtrack.com.
Aiken Spring Steeplechase
Saturday, March 23
Aiken Horse Park Foundation's Bruce's Field, 931 Powderhouse Road S.E.
• Gates open at 9 a.m.
• Village of Shops opens at 10 a.m.
• Guarantor Tent Party opens at 11 a.m.
• First race starts at 1 p.m.
• Carriage parade starts at 1:15 p.m.
• Second race starts at 2 p.m.
• Hat Contest and Crazy Pants Contest starts at 2:15 p.m. The contests will take place at the Village of Shops. Hat Contest categories include Most Elegant and Spring Themed.
• Third race starts at 2:30 p.m.
• Fourth race starts at 3 p.m.
• Fifth race starts at 3:30 p.m.
• Tickets: Patron passes are required for entry into the Aiken Steeplechase. Patron passes are $25 per person in advance and are $40 at the gate on race day. Children 10 and under admitted free. Tickets are available online at www.aikensteeplechase.com, at the Aiken Steeplechase office at 538 Two Notch Road, over the phone at 803-648-9641 or at ticket outlets as follows: Aiken County Visitors Center, Aiken Saddlery & Supply, Floyd & Green Jewelers, Plum Pudding, Parks Pharmacy in North Augusta, Unique Expressions, USC Aiken and all Security Federal Bank locations.
• Guarantor Tent Party: Guarantor Tent Party tickets are $150 per person and include a buffet brunch, music by Anybody’s Guess, an open bar and a view of the finish line.
• Parking: All infield and outfield parking spots are reserved before race day. Additional parking is available at the Powderhouse Polo Field. Parking spots at the polo field are $20 in advance and $30 on race day.
For more information, call the Steeplechase Association Office at 803-648-9641 or visit www.aikensteeplechase.com.
Pacers and Polo
Saturday, March 30
Powderhouse Polo Field, Powerhouse Road
• Gates open at 10:30 a.m.
• Polo match begins at 1 p.m.
• Tickets: General admission tickets are $8 for adults and $5 for children in advance. At the gate, general admission tickets will be $10 for adults and $5 for children. General admission tickets are available in advance at All-Star Tents and Events in Graniteville; USC Aiken Athletic Department, located in the Convocation Center; H. Odell Weeks Activities Center; and Lionel Smith Ltd.
• VIP Hospitality Tent: Tickets are $70 if purchased by March 16; otherwise, tent tickets are $85. VIP Hospitality Tent tickets will be available at the gate. VIP tickets include a buffet lunch hosted by Dr. Sandra Jordan, USC Aiken chancellor; railside VIP viewing and seating; parking; and an open bar. For information or to purchase VIP Hospitality Tent tickets, call 803-641-3518. All proceeds from ticket sales provide scholarships for USC Aiken students.
• Parking: General admission parking is $5 per car and includes one souvenir program. Reserved railside parking spaces are $100 each, and the price includes four tickets. To reserve a railside parking space, call the USC Aiken Athletic Department at 803-641-3331.
• Rain date: Sunday, March 31. Gates open at 12:30 p.m. Polo match begins at 3 p.m.
For more information, including inclement weather updates, visit www.usca.edu/pacersandpolo.