People in Brief

Travolta

NEW YORK — Paramount Pictures has announced a fourth “Star Trek” film with Chris Hemsworth returning to the rebooted franchise.

The studio said the next chapter in the sci-fi saga will focus on Chris Pine’s Captain Kirk crossing paths with the father he never met. Hemsworth, who appeared in the 2009 “Star Trek,” will reprise his role as Kirk’s father, George Kirk.

No title or release date was announced.

The third film the series, “Star Trek Beyond,” hit theaters last weekend. In that film, “Fast & Furious” director Justin Lin takes over for J.J. Abrams.

CINCINNATI — A biopic on the life of New York mob boss John Gotti starring John Travolta is set to begin filming in Cincinnati later this month.

Travolta will play the title character in “The Life and Death of John Gotti.” His real-life wife, Kelly Preston, will play Gotti’s wife.

The Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky Film Commission says filmmakers are taking advantage of Ohio’s revised Motion Picture Tax Credit, which reimburses out-of-state movie producers for some expenses.

Gotti was the head of the Gambino crime family. He was sentenced to life in prison in 1992 after being convicted of murder and other counts. He died behind bars a decade later.

Travolta received an Emmy nomination recently for his performance as attorney Robert Shapiro in FX’s “People vs. O.J. Simpson.”

LONDON — The David Bowie musical “Lazarus” is headed to London, with star Michael C. Hall on board.

Producers said that the show will run at the King’s Cross Theatre from Oct. 25 until Jan. 22, 2017.

Bowie, who died in January, wrote “Lazarus” with Irish playwright Enda Walsh, based on the science fiction novel, “The Man Who Fell to Earth.” Bowie starred in a 1976 film adaptation of the story of an alien stranded after coming to Earth on a rescue mission for his dying planet.

The show, directed by Ivo van Hove, opened at the New York Theatre Workshop in November.

Hall will reprise the lead role of Thomas Newton in the London production.

LONDON — Prince William thinks his son got too many presents on his third birthday.

William declined Sunday to say what gifts Prince George received when he turned 3 last week.

He was asked during a visit to see Britain’s America’s Cup ships at the crew’s home base in Portsmouth before observing the competition.

“I am not telling, he got too many things, he’s far too spoiled,” William said.

He was joined by his wife, Kate, on the visit. The couple has released photos of George to mark his birthday.

Associated Press