North Charleston firefighters responded to a fire at the Hyatt Place Hotel on Prospect Drive just before 4 p.m. Wednesday.

No one was injured during the fire, which was caused by a light fixture malfunction, said Bianca Bourbeau, spokeswoman for the North Charleston Police Department. The fire was out upon arrival, but firefighters encountered “a significant amount of smoke,” in the fifth floor stairwell and smoke in the fifth floor.

Firefighters were working to remove smoke from the stairwell and the hallway, Bourbeau said.