Experiential learning is learning through practice outside a traditional classroom setting. I say, why not apply this principle in Charleston …
Part of eating is eating with our eyes, and these days, many people turn to image-based Instagram to dream about dinner, decide what to look f…
The first time I visited the Gibbes Museum of Art, I spent the better part of my visit studying the faces in the miniature room, wondering abo…
A Memorial Day Weekend country music concert will generate financial support for Folds of Honor, a charity that provides educational scholarsh…
Chris Cornell had become one of the most lauded and respected contemporary lead singers in rock music, thanks to his charismatic energy onstag…
You can bet your sweet niblets that Ohm Radio’s annual fundraiser at The Royal American on Sunday is going to be a real doozy. The third annua…
This Week's Circulars
- Deputies: Man, 64, angry at playful children, shoots family members in Goose Creek area
- It's official: Charleston is now South Carolina's largest city; Greenville among fastest-growing in nation
- Desperate for teachers, South Carolina opens one more route to alternative certification
- Orangeburg restaurant owner takes Confederate flag flight to City Hall
- Runaway horse carriage tosses driver to ground, hits car in Charleston
- Dixie Furniture's downtown Charleston store has sold and gone empty
- Rep. Jeff Duncan falsely said CNN retracted a story. They didn’t — and CNN personally made sure he knew it.
- A Mount Pleasant deaf student's message to her eighth-grade class: 'Deaf can do anything except hear'
- Greenville bar's cellphone ban creates social media challenges
- Ex-coroner: Elected officials being free to use N-word a 'great thing' about South Carolina
- Charleston based C-17 aircraft in joint exercise
- Cario students "moving-up"
- Amazing Sweet Spot now open in North Charleston
- Spoleto presents Eugene Onegin
- A look at The Granary
- Party at the Point at Charleston Harbor Resort and Marina
- Baking at Butcher & Bee
- Downpour leads to flooding in Charleston
- Spirited Brunch in Charleston
- Roger Moore: 1927-2017 Actor, Celebrity, James Bond
Each year, the Charleston Tibetan Society presents the creation of a Sand Mandala in conjunction with the Piccolo Spoleto Festival. The buildi…
Piccolo Spoleto is more than theater, dance, music and literary performing arts … visual arts are a large component of the festival.
“People definitely identify with us as the place you go to laugh,” says Theatre 99 co-owner and co-artistic director Brandy Sullivan. True, be…
Jane Broadwater is a military wife, a former teacher, a current grandmother and executive director of Footlight Players Theatre.