ATHENS, Ga. - Anybody got a wet towel? Perhaps one of those squirt-bottle-slash-fan things they sell at amusement parks? It's hawwwwwwt out today.
A quick rain shower around three hours before kickoff turned a somewhat warm afternoon into a sauna. This is why teams prepare so hard through fall camp; so much is on the line today in 90 degree weather.
Like, if it weren't for all these recorders and laptops, the Ice Bucket Challenge would sound pretty good right about now.
But enough jabbering about the weather. A few pregame notes from Sanford Stadium:
- The point spread at 9:52 a.m. this morning was Georgia -7.5, as it had been the past month. At 1:31 p.m. - less than four hours later - it was Georgia -10. Don't ask me why or how, I'm just passing it along
- Quarterback Cole Stoudt had his right knee rolled up on 21 days ago during an intrasquad scrimmage. He is wearing a compression wrap over the knee today. We'll see how that affects his mobility
- Tight end Stanton Seckinger (Porter-Gaud) suited up, after missing three weeks in fall camp due to a sprained ankle. Expect Jordan Leggett to get the start
- Everybody on the two-deep released Monday has made the trip and is in uniform. Dorian O'Daniel wasn't listed on Clemson's travel roster, but that was an oversight; he is indeed ready to play
- True freshmen who traveled: QB Deshaun Watson, WRs Artavis Scott/Demarre Kitt/Kyrin Priester, RB Adam Choice, LB Kendall Joseph, LB Korie Rogers, TE Milan Richard
- Notable no-shows on travel roster: LB Chris Register, WR Trevion Thompson, TE Cannon Smith, OLs Justin Falcinelli/Taylor Hearn and K Alex Spence. Probably all headed for a redshirt
- As expected, Clemson punt return guys in warm-ups are Adam Humphries, Daniel Rodriguez, Martin Jenkins and Mackensie Alexander
- Former WR Martavis Bryant, a fourth-round Steelers pick last May, was on the sideline supporting his teammates
- The Tigers heard from NFL greats Ray Lewis and Jerome Bettis at the team hotel Saturday morning
Clemson quarterback Cole Stoudt, center, throws a pass during the NCAA college football team's spring game at Memorial Stadium in Clemson, S.C., on Saturday, April 12, 2014. (AP Photo/Anderson Independent-Mail, Mark Crammer)×
Notice about comments: