- Team Cecilia will sponsor the 2nd annual Happy Wheels Toy Drive Cruise-In 5:30-8 p.m. at Sonic drive-in, 660 College Park Road in Ladson. The team will be collecting toys for the Happy Wheels program at MUSC Children's Hospital. Toys need not be expensive, valued at $8 to $16 for children ages newborn to 18 years. New, unwrapped items requested. Current needs are birth to 3 years old and 13 to 18 years old. iTunes/Kindle cards and PG & PG13 DVDs are appreciated for the older children. Street Rods Unlimited is the cruise-in host. The street rods group meets every second and fourth Saturday of the month, typically at 5 p.m., at the entrance to Crowfield Plantation. All special interest vehicles are welcome to attend. For more information contact Dennis Welch at 843-761-4469 or visit the club's website at www.streetrodsunlimited.org.
- Charleston Cars & Coffee, a free cruise-in, will take place 8-11 a.m. in front of Atlanta Bread Co. in Mount Pleasant Towne Centre. There also will be a show Aug. 30.
- The 2014 Slammin The Beach Car, Truck and Bike Show will take place at Myrtle Beach Speedway, 455 Hospitality Lane in Myrtle Beach. Highlights include a burnout contest, stereo competition, club games, tug of war and bikini and male hunk contests. For more information, call Rodney at 843-864-1861 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The fourth annual Lowcountry Steel Pony Ride and Car Show will be 11 a.m.-3 p.m. at Charleston Tea Plantation on Wadmalaw Island. Registration, which is 11 a.m.-noon, includes a $15 entry fee per vehicle. Judging will be at 3 p.m. Categories include cars for years 1942 and earlier, '43-'59, '60-'71 and '72-2014; street rods; trucks; motorcycles; an "open" class; and People's Choice award. There will be kids' activities, jump castles and face painting. Food will be on sale from Cast Iron, Mr. Koolie, Dulce, OPA and The Farmers Wife. Eddie Bush and Friends will provide live entertainment. Also, a "steel pony" ride will be held starting at 11 a.m. at Lowcountry Harley-Davidson. Kick stands up at 12:30 p.m. The police-escorted ride will travel to the Tea Plantation at 6617 Maybank Highway. Cost is $15 a rider and $5 per passenger. Proceeds of both events benefit the Lowcountry Firefighter Support Team. For more information, visit www.firefightersupport.org or contact Stono Body Works at 843-795-8318.
- An Open Car, Truck & Motorcycle Show hosted by Bessinger's Bar-B-Q will be held 6-9 p.m. at Bessinger's, 1602 Savannah Highway in Charleston. Registration is $5. There are three trophies per class. Categories consist of cars for years 1942 and earlier, '43-'59, '60-'71 and '72-2014; street rods; trucks; and motorcycles. Music will be provided by The Cruise-O-Matics. For more information, contact Tom Jameson at 843-571-2264.
- Coastal Carolina Corvette Club will host the Super Saturday Open Car Show 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at Marchant Chevrolet, 5700 Savannah Highway in Ravenel. Registration, 10-11:30 a.m., is $20. Voting closes at 1 p.m. There will be 30 trophies and 12 classes. Categories include years 1939 and earlier; '40-'62, '63-'71, '72-'89, '90-2005 and '06-present; Corvettes; Mustangs; trucks; street rods; sport compacts; and motorcycles. All proceeds benefit Camp Happy Days. For more information, visit the club's website at www.4cccc.org.
- Coastal Carolina Corvette Club will hold its monthly meeting at the Holiday Inn, 250 Johnnie Dodds Blvd. in Mount Pleasant. Social time begins at 2:30 p.m., with the regular meeting at 3 p.m. All members and Corvette enthusiasts are invited to attend. For more information, go to the club's website at www.4cccc.org.
- A classic car show and BBQ will be held 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at St. Andrew's Parish United Methodist Church, 3225 Ashley River Road in Charleston. The event is hosted by the Men's Club of St. Andrew's Parish United Methodist. Car registration is $10. There will be 14 trophy prizes including first, second and third place and Best of Show. Spectators vote for winners. Barbecue plates sold at the show are $6. Questions? Call 843-766-1080.
- Sea Islands Cars and Coffee will take place 8-10 a.m. at Freshfields Village, located at the crossroads of Kiawah, Seabrook and Johns islands. The monthly cruise-in will feature antiques, classics, exotics, concepts and "any other cool cars." The event is free; coffee and other refreshments for purchase will be supplied by Java Java. Freshfields Village hosts the cruise-in, which celebrates special cars. For more information, contact Bruce Stemerman at email@example.com, 843-212-3274 or 240-418-9225 or John Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The S.C. Tobacco Festival car show sponsored by Swamp Fox Old Car Club will be held in Lake City.
- Golden Leaf Festival car show will take place in Mullins. Swamp Fox Old Car Club is the sponsor.
- Participants can now register for the Jerry Zucker Ride for Hope. Funds raised go to Charleston area cancer charities. This year, the group hopes to reach the $1 million mark in funds raised. Organizers urge people to "help support the best little charity bike ride in South Carolina." Dawson Cherry is ride director. For more information, visit www.charlestonrideforhope.com.
- The first H.L. Hunley Memorial Car Show will be 9 a.m.-2 p.m. at Dorchester Shrine Club, 2150 Beech Hill Road in Summerville. Pre-registration at Hlhunleycamp143.net is $20. Additional cars are $15. Day-of-show registration, which is $25, begins at 8:30 a.m. Judging starts at noon and awards are handed out at 2 p.m. The show will have food and entertainment. Awards include 1st, 2nd and 3rd per class. Categories are years 1939 and earlier, '40-'49, '50-'59, '60-'69, '70-'79, '80-'89 and '90-'99 as well as People's Choice, furthest, foreign, custom hot rod and original. Anyone with questions, contact TimBo at 843-300-5589 or Mark at 843-514-2174 or go to email@example.com.
- Farmers Market Festival car show, put on by Swamp Fox Old Car Club, will be held in Lake City.
Going to a car show this weekend? Submit your photos and videos, or send your car show information to Car Show Calendar, The Post and Courier, 134 Columbus St., Charleston, SC, 29403, fax it to 843-937-5778 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.