GREENVILLE, S.C. - Charges have been dropped against a Greenville man accused of killing two men in 2012.
Prosecutor Walt Wilkins says charged were dismissed Wednesday against Lawrence Roy Campbell.
Sixty-nine-year-old Ben Anders and 42-year-old Benn Lee Anders were found shot to death in a road nearly two years ago.
Campbell had been charged with murder and possession of a weapon during a violent crime.
Wilkins said a judge blocked a statement from the only eyewitness to the shootings as well as the testimony of an investigator.
Defense attorneys have said Campbell fired when the Anders threatened him.
Notice about comments:
The Post and Courier is pleased to offer readers the enhanced ability to comment on stories. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point.