Here's a house that could be the answer to a riddle or trivia question.
"What property is visible to thousands every day but hardly anyone knows how to get there?
It's 1202 Finley Road, a 3,400-square-foot custom residence on deep water. The three-level home on a generous 1.81 acre lot sits just south of, and many yards below, the Mark Clark Expressway where SUV-loads of commuters whiz by daily. Moreover, a bluish tinged metal roof animates the house when viewed from overhead, such as by motorists on a six-lane highway.
To find the property by car, that's not so easy. It takes traveling north on Clements Ferry Road before doubling back under the interstate.
Yet for all its ambient visibility and directional implausibility, the residence captures a setting that's comfortably removed and supremely protected.
House hunters should consider 1202 Finley Road, at least "if you want property with water; a great value," Sheryl Scholer says. "It's just stunning."
She's listing the house with fellow Tideline Realty Group agent Steve DeMarco. It's priced at $1,195,000.
In her property description, Scholer touts 1202 Finley Road as "your own personal paradise."
Here's her reasoning:
- The waterside property offers panoramic views of Clouter Creek, the Cooper River and surrounding marshes, including from two rear decks and a screened-in porch sporting a sophisticated outdoor cooking system.
- The backyard leads to a private dock with pier-head, boat lift and floating dock on an offshoot creek that's 4 feet at mean low tide.
- Inside, the family room showcases a gas fireplace, and French doors lead to the rear deck. Separate dining room, breakfast area and living room-sunroom have access to the screened porch.
- A designer kitchen boasts top-line Viking appliances, granite countertops and center island. There's a stainless steel wall oven, built-in microwave, gas cooktop and dishwasher plus a wet bar with icemaker.
- First-floor master suite consists of an ample bedroom, dual walk-in closets and a spacious bathroom with jetted tub and walk-in steam-shower.
- Upstairs are three bedrooms and two full baths. The entertainment area, meanwhile, exposes French doors to the second floor deck - which Scholer says provide "gorgeous views" of river, creek and marshes.
- Among the more specialized perks: a three stop elevator, two tank-less water heaters, automatic lawn irrigation, reverse osmosis system for the entire house and integrated sound system throughout.
- On the ground floor sits the three-bay underneath garage providing room for five cars and plenty of storage.
- The well-maintained house stands in "move-in ready" condition. Furnishings, televisions and window treatments are negotiable, she says.
- The residence is zoned for Daniel Island School grades 1-8 and Hanahan High School.
According to Scholer, the expansive scenery sets the house apart. With protected wetlands properties all around, the panoramic sights aren't going away.
"The beauty of this is you never have obstructed views," she says.
The property has a distant neighbor or two at the foot of Finley Road. To get to it heading west, take Interstate 26 to the I-526 exit to Mount Pleasant. Proceed a few miles on the interstate to the Clements Ferry Road north exit. Turn left on Clements Ferry and a make a left on Marina Drive at Daniel Island Marina. Go left on Pinefield Drive, which bends south under the expressway. Take the second left, which is Finley Road. Ahead on the left is 1202 Finley Road.
Reach Jim Parker at 937-5542 or email@example.com.
Agents: Sheryl Scholer, Steve DeMarco
Office: Tideline Realty Group (operates within Beresford Realty LLC)
Phone: Scholer, 843-737-6260; DeMarco, 843-442-1520
Philosophy: "You're in charge of your real estate experience. Choose expertise and knowledge but also chose ease, approachability and enthusiasm. We hope for the opportunity to be a part of your real estate experience."
Wood floors lead up to the staircase at 1202 Finley Road. Itís situated off Clements Ferry Road near Interstate 526. Leroy Burnell/Staff/5/22/2014×
A tray ceiling marks the formal dining room. Leroy Burnell/Staff/5/22/2014×
Two large columns flank the dining room at 1202 Finley Road, which is accessible by way of the Daniel Island Marina entrance road. Leroy Burnell/Staff/5/22/2014×
An arched hallway spotlights the foyer. Leroy Burnell/Staff/5/22/2014×
Distinguishing the kitchen are stainless steel appliances and tile floors. Leroy Burnell/Staff/5/22/2014×
A built-in gas burner gives the kitchen island functionality. Leroy Burnell/Staff/5/22/2014×
The master bedroom at 1202 Finley Road offers lots of space for furniture and other accessories. Leroy Burnell/Staff/5/22/2014×
Double vanity sinks, wide tub and tile floors are in the master bathroom. Leroy Burnell/Staff/5/22/2014×
The screened-in porch at 1202 Finley Road overlooks marsh near I-526. Leroy Burnell/Staff/5/22/2014×
This breakfast area is near the sunroom in the Berkeley County house. Leroy Burnell/Staff/5/22/2014×
The three level residence has its own elevator. Leroy Burnell/Staff/5/22/2014×
The dining room sits near the front of the 3,400-square-foot house. Leroy Burnell/Staff/5/22/2014×
The Finley Road home is on the market for $1,195,000. Leroy Burnell/Staff/5/22/2014×
Notice about comments: